IGNORED

Ignore list?

R65_Steve

I am on a number (too many) forums and I see this forum also has an ignore list.  You can ignore people's posts and their signatures (cool!) but it doesn't seem to ignore a person if they are quoted.  So, if I ignore a person and someone is quoting them to prolong the argument/debate, I can see the quoted post of the ignored person in the non-ignored person's response.  Is that how it's supposed to work?

szurszewski

Interesting question. Assuming it works the way you seem to prefer on other forums, doesn't that get weird when someone has made a post with a quote and then that quote is just ... missing? 

But, I don't really understand the purpose of the ignore feature anyway - my brain does that pretty well all on its own. 

• Like 1

Putting a member on the ignore list sure could make a discussion confusing and choppy.

Next post: No, the town is mentioned in a song.

Something seems to be missing in the middle.

Ignoring a thread or subject works, but ignoring a member can get confusing sometimes. But I guess if one finds another member just intolerable, they gotta do what they gotta do.

Of course, if I'm on your ignore list, you won't see any of this!

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
6 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Which also makes me wonder, are we able to see if someone is ignoring us? 

I can still see you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
szurszewski
3 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Which also makes me wonder, are we able to see if someone is ignoring us? 

I've got to think the answer is no. Like I implied, I've never put anyone on "ignore" but I'm sure I've made my way to at least someone's list somewhere, and I've never seen any notification or list of who is ignoring me. 

• Like 1

This forum is pretty chill but there is a FS thread where some guy is berating a seller over his price.  He has no posts outside that thread. So I thought I'd test it.

• Like 2

There have been a few of them along the way, but at some point, someone throws a little weed killer on them, and they seem to disappear fairly quickly

• Haha 1
szurszewski
11 hours ago, R65_Steve said:

This forum is pretty chill but there is a FS thread where some guy is berating a seller over his price.  He has no posts outside that thread. So I thought I'd test it.

Ok - that account makes a good case for the ignore feature. Of course since it only seems to post crap in for sale threads I guess I don’t have to worry about it currently. 

It’s not just one thread they’ve done that in either. Sheesh. 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

Ok - that account makes a good case for the ignore feature. Of course since it only seems to post crap in for sale threads I guess I don’t have to worry about it currently. 

It’s not just one thread they’ve done that in either. Sheesh. 

I use it pretty liberally on other forums, but this one has some unique features and thought I'd test it.

Do I really care about that topic?  Not really, but thought it to be a good test subject.

On other forums, it's like the person is unpersoned and doesn't exist.   Yes, it makes some strange threads, and probably folks that reply to my posts, but I can view them if the thread doesn't make sense.  And often I'm not off the mark as to why these folks were ignored.  :)

• Smile 1