IGNORED

survey question on appearance accessory

bendbill

I may sell my trouble-free 2018 R1200RT this fall or next spring at a private party rate for low miles.  It came from the dealer in Jan 2019 with carbon fiber wrap already installed.

I liked the look from the start and still do, but I wonder about potential buyers.  Hence this survey:

1-- Would you hesitate to buy it with that look?

TIA,

Bill

IMG_2430.JPG

IMG_1637 - Copy.JPG

It seems to be nicely done. It wouldn’t detract me from buying the bike but, it doesn’t add any value either. I do realize you’re not asking about the value of it.

I would leave it and let the buyer know they can remove it if they like. I think it looks fine, it doesn't detract from the look. Plus, taking it off seems like a lot of work, especially if it requires more clean up than expected.

I agree with others, leave it as is. If you remove it, there's a possibility you may degrade the paint finish underneath. BTW, shat color is underneath? In general I don't buy dark vehicles bc they show dirt so easily but a lot of people do. I think people who like black will love it and will give them bragging rights. Miguel

• Like 1

Thank you to all for your replies.  It's reassuring to know the carbon fiber wrap would likely not prevent potential buyers from looking [ if I decide to sell ].

And hi back to you, Jan  :wave:

Bill

It looks well done but when I was a buyer a few months ago I'd have probably passed on a wrapped bike because:

- not knowing the seller personally I'd be afraid of it being in place to hide defects 

- not wanting to take the effort to "unwrap" it to verify condition

I passed on a deal on a sports car a few years ago for the same reason. 
All that being said, I don't think you'll have trouble finding a buyer for it, it just may make the audience a bit smaller. 

• Thanks 1