IGNORED

Where to mount auxiliary lighting ?

mos

I have a 2010 R1200RT. With a set of Clearwater Darla’s mounted on the forks. 
i don’t like where they are mounted. So, what options do I have for 2010 RT?

thanks, Mike

On my 2010, I mounted them on the crash bars.  My son had his Clearwater lights mounted up under the mirrors and they seemed too high and made the headlight disappear, and also not give that triangle look for visibility.   My .02

• Plus 1 1
Bill Murray

On my last RT (a 2015), I mounted Clearwater Erica lights using the OEM fog light mounting brackets. Those mount down near the cylinders. This position provides a lot of fill light immediately in front of the bike but does not project light as far ahead of the bike as a higher mount will give you. On the other hand, the lower mounting point will dazzle oncoming cars less than a higher mounting point.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

On my last RT (a 2015), I mounted Clearwater Erica lights using the OEM fog light mounting brackets. Those mount down near the cylinders. This position provides a lot of fill light immediately in front of the bike but does not project light as far ahead of the bike as a higher mount will give you. On the other hand, the lower mounting point will dazzle oncoming cars less than a higher mounting point.

I agree.  I want to BE SEEN and have mine (two sets of Clearwaters) down low.  to solve the upper lights, I have 3 Cyclops in the headlights.   One service guy at the local shop told me I should be able to see the future with all those lights!