IGNORED

GS-911 update has some new features

dirtrider

dirtrider

The latest GS-911 update might have some new features that the 1250/1300 riders would like to explore_

Sporty Instrument Features: Owners of BMW bikes with the XKOMBIHI Instrument Cluster, like the R1250 GS/GSA, can now configure some sporty instrument features on their BMW adventure models—features usually found on sportier BMW bikes. For example, you can now activate the Shift Light, adding a dynamic, sporty feel to your ride.

Enhanced Navigation: You can now enable your XKOMBIHI instrument cluster, to use the BMW Connected app.

Easy Troubleshooting: If you come across a fault code during an auto-scan, you can now click on helpful quick links (while connected to the internet) to access a troubleshooting page on the HEX server. This page will describe the likely symptoms and causes, along with suggested steps to resolve the fault.

Service Reminder Customization: We’ve expanded service reminder support to more models, including the R12 and CE02. This makes it easier to reset service reminders yourself.

WiFi Connection Alerts: If the WiFi connection fails, you’ll now hear a long beep, along with a red LED light, so you’ll know right away.

Support for More Models: Added features for BMW Nav Prepare Retrofit/Remove and expanded support menus for models like the CE02, R12, R12 nineT, R1300GSA, 2021 G310, and 2022 C400.

Improved Downloads: ECU links are now included in downloaded auto-scans and PDFs, making it quicker to navigate within the files.

Better Controller Management: The auto-scan now checks for missing controllers and provides warnings if something expected isn't detected.

New Network Test Panel: Available in the PC Diagnostics App for easier connectivity testing.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, RPG said:

Hopefully, I'll get around to trading in my old one (used for my 2004 RT) for a new unit.

Evening Rick

Those old yellow GS-911's are not worth much. I kept mine as a loner to friends with older BMW's that are on trips to have a GS-11 for emergency use. 

Or someone in your motorcycle club with an older BMW might want to buy it from you.