IGNORED

my dealer is charging me $175/hr labour on my US bike - BMW Canada in Chrisis

SpaceKing

ShovelStrokeEd

If I happen to be within a thousand miles or so, also IN.

Assuming, of course, there is an ample supply of beer and goodies. grin.gif

Don't laugh, I just rode 2600 miles to be a day late for a wedding. eek.gif

Holy Moly, as Homer Simpson would say. This is taking on Epic proportions. Jamie AND Ed coming to our humble little backwoods? I guess I better start pouring concrete and reserving caterers grin.gif.

Now if only I could convince Tallman and Ken H to come, the BMWST dream team would be nearly complete. This is bigger than the Queen cruising through on BC rail, waving and yelling at the locals "Are you from heah?"

Jim VonBaden

Holy Moly, as Homer Simpson would say. This is taking on Epic proportions. Jamie AND Ed coming to our humble little backwoods? I guess I better start pouring concrete and reserving caterers grin.gif.

Now if only I could convince Tallman and Ken H to come, the BMWST dream team would be nearly complete. This is bigger than the Queen cruising through on BC rail, waving and yelling at the locals "Are you from heah?"

Hell, I might be up your way around that time. I would take a day to drop by myself.

Would be fun to meet some ledgends! thumbsup.gif

Jim cool.gif

Hell, I might be up your way around that time. I would take a day to drop by myself.

Would be fun to meet some ledgends!

Are you freakin' kidding me??? Ok, this has to happen. I am going to post on the event planning forum to pick some dates - this could be amazing!!! Slightly tongue in cheek regarding all this legend stuff, but you old dogs represent a lot of posts, knowledge and most of all character on this site in particular and in my Beemer world in general. This could be the best ever . . .

stay tuned!!

B

Hey Spaceking

Still waiting for you to PM me with your phone number if you want to come by to use my error code reader.

A few ideas for Tech day - suggest we enlist the aid of the BC Beemers motorcycle club. They have enough members am sure we could come up with a good location. A few phone calls to places like Chicago BMW (who sell a lot of parts to Canadians!) and Blackfoot in Calgary might even result in some donated door prizes. The BMW dealer on Vancouver Island is also trying to build his parts sales by offering free shipping. There is a freelance BMW mechanic in Mission who could probably be hired for the day if enough people throw a few bucks into the pot.

Ben,

Love your neck of the woods.

Being UN-retired and working in a Second Chance school, it's difficult to swing long term breaks, until the summer.

Make your plans, if the time is right, I may be left coast bound.

wave.gif

Magnum those are great ideas. Looks like there is momentum already for this and it could be huge!!

Regarding your offer, the bike is running really rough and I think it needs the whole thing, compression test and some full attention - it may be a valve frown.gif

BC Beemers is a good idea - I am a member. Woohoo!!

clap.gif

Would be fun to meet some ledgends! thumbsup.gif
In my own mind, perhaps! tongue.gif

I have to say I'm getting a bit uncomfortable with all this lofty praise (though I know you're being sarcastic)--I've only learned what I have because of attending so many Tech Daze and keeping my eyes and ears open. The revelation that these bikes are SO damn simple to work on is what keeps me excited about spreading the love--since my riding experienced has been so totally transformed by the kindness of others much smarter than I. smile.gif

Oh, and I've ridden to B.C. just to watch a friend go for a swim (and a bike ride and a little run afterwards), so why wouldn't I go to Tech Daze up in the Great White North, eh? Now, if you're really lucky I might even be able to bring the queen herself with me! wave.gif

lmao.gif

Jamie it's not your knowledge or expertise that make you a legend, it's your consistent willingness to help, your reliable good cheer, your desire to contribute, your wisdom, and, far away not the least, your willingness to pay for the beer at any Tech Daze.

For these and many other reasons it would be an honour (that's honor with a u) to host you and my tongue is comfortably resting on my shirt when I say that; it is nowhere near my cheek.

As far as the Queen visiting one of her outlying territories, let me please just say that this would go a long way to healing the recently opened and deep wounds regarding the rising splendor of the Looooonie, the plummeting Yankee buck, and the two-tier apartheid approach to service that is tearing at the very fabric of this community. I can only dream that Les, who was the first to make an impression on me on this site and who has since ascended to her righful place as ruler (and she who has forever dispersed the notion that if you give women an inch they want to be a ruler) would come to feast and celebrate with the simple common folk who make up this corner of her territory. Amen.

B

Jamie it's not your knowledge or expertise that make you a legend, it's your consistent willingness to help, your reliable good cheer, your desire to contribute, your wisdom, and, far away not the least, your willingness to pay for the beer at any Tech Daze.

For these and many other reasons it would be an honour (that's honor with a u) to host you and my tongue is comfortably resting on my shirt when I say that; it is nowhere near my cheek.

As far as the Queen visiting one of her outlying territories, let me please just say that this would go a long way to healing the recently opened and deep wounds regarding the rising splendor of the Looooonie, the plummeting Yankee buck, and the two-tier apartheid approach to service that is tearing at the very fabric of this community. I can only dream that Les, who was the first to make an impression on me on this site and who has since ascended to her righful place as ruler (and she who has forever dispersed the notion that if you give women an inch they want to be a ruler) would come to feast and celebrate with the simple common folk who make up this corner of her territory. Amen.

B

eek.gif

Man, I didn't know it was that kind of granola you were cooking up in the Great White North! lmao.gif

It would really depend on the date as my schedule is very odd and my job is in flux right now. But if your date coincides with my days off and I don't have any other impediments, a Canadian Tech Da-eh-ze sounds like a blast! grin.gif

Hey Malcolm, someone once told me that if you want things to change it is best to focus on what is good and whats works rather than the crap. My John Valk episodes are over - I got my bike back from Pacific last week and all I can say is wow - they gave me a loaner bike, my bikes runs like a dream, Eric noticed that the throttle side sticks when the heated grip setting is on high so he adjusted that, he was available for a bunch of questions after, long story short, first rate!! And I am hapy to give these guys all my business from now on and promote them whenever possible. It was also about $200 cheaper than I expected for the 18,000 mile service, and that is including new rear brake pads installed.

Let's support the dealers that deserve our money, and these kinds of issues will take care of themselves!!

thumbsup.gif

Archived