IGNORED

scooters in the USA

randy

Hi Randy: in GA, scooters under 50cc don't even need to be licensed or insured. Sounds to me that for in-town riding at slow (under 30 mph) speeds, a 50cc scoot would be just the ticket. However, I would imagine they would be fairly useless in the 'burbs, as most suburban roads around here have a 45 mph speed limit and traffic routinely is doing 60.

The idea of a maxi scooter really intrigues me -plenty of power, brakes and handling with large amounts of hidden, lockable storage, good wind protection and very comfortable. While I enjoy the manual gearboxes on motorcycles, sometimes I get tired of clutching.

If I ever sell the Transalp, I would seriously consider replacing it with a Burgman 650.

i recently swithced to a scooter: suzuki 650 burgman exec with electronically adjustable windscreen, ABS, CVT transmission, . Added corbin seat, and givi hard saddlebags and tail trunk, satellite radio, heated grips. It actually has more carrying capacity than a wing, volume wise. Great in town, does up to 85 mph just fine on the highway, great uderseat storage.

And its final drive is incredibly durable.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Yep, I've heard you can run 'em low on oil for hundreds of miles, then fill 'em up and just keep on going!

Archived