IGNORED

RTP part #

squints

I'm looking for the part #s for the above the mirror light mounts on the RTP. I know I've seen talk about them before but I can't seem to find them now. Local dealer tried to find them but no luck. Any help appreciated, Thanks

Your best solution is to use the EMP brackets. I don't think Pat from EMPDESIGNS are making them any more. See if someone here has a pair for sale. I like them so much that I just got the OEM RTP bracket for my 08 RT. It requires some modification to fit my PIAAs.

Good luck!

thanks for the help. It looks like they will work, I'll find out in a couple of days. As far as the parts guy, he was new and looked in the RTP fische not the regular RT. Regular parts guy called the next day letting me know he had found them and ordered them. But just to be safe I double checked the numbers and they were the same. I like the look of the RTP mount and would have went with the EMP ones if they were available. But I think these will work out and the price was good for BMW parts. Thanks again for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Parts came in and work like a charm. For anyone wishing to do this install, all you need to order is just the brackets. They have nuts welded on them and they bolt right up to the standard RT fairing bracket. I'll post pics when Idecide hich lights.

Did you find that these are just silly-expensive? I looked up the same part for an 1100RT-P, and came up with like $75 per bracket. Ouch?

I think they were in the $35.00 range. I remember that I got both brakets and a tire repair kit that was $32.00 and the total with tax was $118.00. i thoght they were really reasonable for BMW.

• 10 months later...

No pictures yet. The only parts you need are the brackets. Everything else on the bike works. You will have to cut the dash panel but it's premarked and an easy job with a dremel. I'll try to get some pics.

• 1 year later...

Looking for anyone who has installed the R1150RT-P above mirror light brackets (46637654423 & 46637654424) on a standard R1150RT.

Rich, are those the part numbers you ordered and did yours come with all the nuts/bolts/etc. to install on a standard R1150RT?

From the diagrams, it seems to indicate that they mount to the RT-P specific front frame (46632316958) and that the standard RT front frame (46632321224) probably won't have the mounting points.

I'd really like to hear from someone that has tried this before I go and special order a pair of brackets that I can't use!

Thanks

Archived