IGNORED

BMW PAINT

simon999

Hello I am having difficulty in obtaining a BMW paint stick ( touch up) in the UK for my 2003 BMW R1150Rt in Titanium grey - the paint code is 846. Apparently BMW in UK no longer stock these!

Any ideas where i can obtian one and does the supplier ship to the UK ?

regards

simon c :wave:

These guys have always been good to me. If they don't show your color paint as being in stock, don't get discouraged. Just drop 'em an email they'll either get it or make it. http://www.cyclecolor.com

You might have to get a buddy in the US to forward it on to you though.

Adding to the confusion, the paint code sticker under the seat could be referring to a color combination. For example, your sticker might be referring to Titan fairings over the lighter silver, not dark silver, trim pieces. The Titan itself would have a different code number. I don't know the specifics, but I know that the genuine BMW Biarritz Blue paint itself has a different code than my underseat sticker.

I know that the genuine BMW Biarritz Blue paint itself has a different code than my underseat sticker.

Ok, I'm a bit of a noob in this area.. can you please explain a bit more? What kind of different code?

Also, have a look at this: http://www.glasurit.com/COLOR/new-color-online/m1frameset.php?language=1

I entered the Biarritz Blue code from under my seat (847) then selected BMW as the Manufacturer, leaving the other settings as they are. Then, I clicked on "Start Search".

The search results have a line that says "Color Name" and lists it as

363 + 120 + 121.

Click anywhere on that line and a window will open showing 3 different colors, one of them being Biarritz Blue with the code 363.

What's the deal... Anybody?

Is Biarritz Blue actually comprised of 3 other colors?

Apparently, I'm technologically impaired and can't figure out that website.

Or maybe I've just had one too many Newcastle Browns.

I shouldn't drink and web surf.

I knew I should have hooked up that breathalyzer to my laptop!

I know that the genuine BMW Biarritz Blue paint itself has a different code than my underseat sticker.

Ok, I'm a bit of a noob in this area.. can you please explain a bit more? What kind of different code?

Also, have a look at this: http://www.glasurit.com/COLOR/new-color-online/m1frameset.php?language=1

I entered the Biarritz Blue code from under my seat (847) then selected BMW as the Manufacturer, leaving the other settings as they are. Then, I clicked on "Start Search".

The search results have a line that says "Color Name" and lists it as

363 + 120 + 121.

Click anywhere on that line and a window will open showing 3 different colors, one of them being Biarritz Blue with the code 363.

What's the deal... Anybody?

Is Biarritz Blue actually comprised of 3 other colors?

Apparently, I'm technologically impaired and can't figure out that website.

Or maybe I've just had one too many Newcastle Browns.

I shouldn't drink and web surf.

I knew I should have hooked up that breathalyzer to my laptop!

The code under your seat refers to the whole-bike livery. The livery code 847 comprises of Biaritz Blue, Black and Gloss Black. The first number in the livery code is the main colour of the bike and the other number(s) refer to trim.

Andy

OK, I have in my hand the genuine BMW "paint stick" for my Biarritz Blue '08 RT. The BMW part number is 51 91 0 302 044. Actually it's two paint sticks, one described as clear laquer and the other as "363 biarritzblau perl". I've been told that this kind of touch-up paint is no longer available through BMW dealers. My kit has a production date of 02/04 and an expiration date of 02/09 - I haven't used any yet - hope it remains OK. The underseat paint code on my RT is 847.

I've noticed that Colorrite has Biarritz Blue paints under their code 8049.

In their infinite wisdom, BMW no longer supplies touch-up's for BMW motorycles UNLESS it happens to match a BMW Cage colour.

Must be the EC as the Germans are getting more like the bloody Frogs every day...Bah!!

• 1 year later...
In their infinite wisdom, BMW no longer supplies touch-up's for BMW motorycles UNLESS it happens to match a BMW Cage colour.

Must be the EC as the Germans are getting more like the bloody Frogs every day...Bah!!

They have started supplying paint sticks again for motorcycles. I bought one today from Long Beach BMW for about $17. They'll ship it to me when it comes in. I'm not looking forward to doing the actual touch up though. It's quite a technique intensive process to get it right.

Yeeha! Stephen

Isn't the Grey #846 your paint scheme?

Actual paint code should be 892.

Titan Grey (Metallic) 892 = 845 / 846 = R850RT, R1100S, R1150RT

As for the Bairitz Blue #847... it's your paint scheme.

The paint code is 363.

Biaritz Blue (Metallic) 363 = 847 = R850RT, R1150RT

Just bought paint[bairitz Blue] to paint my saddle bags. $14.95 for 1/2 of a pint from Sherwin Williams automotive. More than enough to do the job. Probably could have painted the whole bike.Was a perfect match.Could help with shipping if needed.

Archived