IGNORED

So, what happened to the advrider website?

cali_beemer

I know this is a discussion of another forum site but wha thappened to the advrider website. I tried to go over there and its now a web hosting site. No advrider at all. I tried the forum direct link as well and no dice. Anyone know whats going on? Hopefully its just temporarly down.

Weird, its working for me now but for several hours that I tried today it wasnt there. Its also weird that now I am not automatically logged in.

Some one else on the forum had this problem earlier yesterday. At the same time I and one other had no problem.

Well, I am happy to hear its not just me. I was trying to figure out what the heck happened. I tried for a long time to get on and everytime it came to the domain hosting website. Hmmm, well thanks everyone.

I get a generic website with a photo of a coed that I've seen before for other sites when somebody didn't renew their domain name.

The owner of advrider.com domain doesn't have that problem, though. He's registered up until 2011 according to a whois search.

I get a generic website with a photo of a coed that I've seen before for other sites when somebody didn't renew their domain name.

The owner of advrider.com domain doesn't have that problem, though. He's registered up until 2011 according to a whois search.

Thats the exact screen I got when I was having problems.

Thats the exact screen I got when I was having problems.

Well, the question comes down to who's giving you that screen: the registrar or your ISP. Given that advrider.com is registered for the foreseeable future, I would guess the latter.

However, advrider.com, like bmwsporttouring.com, appears to have only 2 nameservers that appear to be placed on the same network segment. Lose connectivity to that network segment, and poof. No more website.

It's possible your ISP is having difficulty connecting to that single network.

That's my armchair diagnosis, anyway.

A little help please. There's a fella called TIMBOAT at ADVRider who posted a wtb 1100rt ad in that forum. I've tried daily for about a week to register so I can answer his ad. Registration has been closed. Would someone who is a member of that group please make him aware of my bike for sale. We're both in western Colorado. I can be reached at gs11kelly@yahoo.com. Thank You, Kelly.

A little help please. There's a fella called TIMBOAT at ADVRider who posted a wtb 1100rt ad in that forum. I've tried daily for about a week to register so I can answer his ad. Registration has been closed. Would someone who is a member of that group please make him aware of my bike for sale. We're both in western Colorado. I can be reached at gs11kelly@yahoo.com. Thank You, Kelly.

I sent him a PM and posted a notice on the thread. Hopefully he will get back to you. Good luck on the sale.

Archived