IGNORED

Ouray IV, "Solstice Soiree" is now official June 19-22

azkaisr

Left Ouray yesterday morning (Saturday). It was 41. Off and on rain.

Going to miss you guys by a week. Have fun!

Wish you were there when we are!

Firefight911

It's Phil, so you know, it's understandable that you have to ask for an update....

Whatcha' doin Sunny Boy?

Hardy har har funny man!

Trying to wrap up some stuff I HAVE to finish before I can leave. At work all this weekend so none of it got done. Tomorrow will be a scramble. If I can get what I need to have done in time, I plan on leaving for Torrey Tuesday morning. From there it will on to Ouray. I'll be driving out in the truck with the F800GS in the bed. It doesn't look like Jamie will be able to make it. Drat!!!!!!!!!

Pikes Peak is out. Not enough time and I have to be back Sunday night. I have a very early Monday appt. and it's gonna be enough just that I have to drive 1000 miles to get home on Sunday. I hate squeezing things in because the outside influences keep getting in the way.

Of course, all of this is truly dependent on my getting some stuff handled at home and around town first. I have to have some things completed in their entirety for my Monday morning interview or I don't leave home. Hoop, jump, another hoop, jump again!

Firefight911
Sooooo...you plan on being in Torrey early Wednesday.

????????????????????????????

Tuesday for dinner if I can get out on time.

Ouray IV is in our sights.

Leaving tomorrow for a quick stop in Torrey.

Lookin forward to checkin out Chillzz. Chillzz is a new pizza place in Torrey across from the Chuck Wagon, owned by Christine Austin, Jamie's wife, Randy's daughter in-law.

I hope they have some cold beer.

;)

AdventurePoser

To bad W#rk gets in the way of a good time! Make sure you soak in the Ouray Hot Springs for Jennifer and me.

Steve in So Cal

orig.jpg

I got the extrication class out of the way. The students did well, the car...not so much...

orig.jpg

The rig is ready, just need to load the TW, but I'm still using it. I'll be on the road early tomorrow. :clap:

Bill_Walker

I'm gonna try and see if I can make this work since I can't make the UN. What day are you guys arriving? Arrive the 19th?

Whip, Louise, and maybe Phil are arriving Torrey early (Tuesday or Wednesday nights). Killer is there now. Chance I might run down as well, though looking not too likely at the moment. Everyone arriving Ouray Friday the 19th and departing Monday the 22nd ISFAIK.

I believe Jamie is meeting up with Tom at Chez Kaisr Thursday evening for the run in.

Bill_Walker

Cool! See below

web.jpg

Because the little brown thing is no longer inside the big white thing (and please ignore the cute medium-sized thing on the right), I am now good to go! Whip, you said I've got a bed, right? Let me know the deets. See you in Ouray.

Cool! See below

web.jpg

Because the little brown thing is no longer inside the big white thing (and please ignore the cute medium-sized thing on the right), I am now good to go! Whip, you said I've got a bed, right? Let me know the deets. See you in Ouray.

CUTE!!! Congratulations, Bill.

Firefight911

OK!!!! Here's my final answer. There was just too much to do in the time given so I will not be leaving tomorrow morning as I had hoped so I could have Killer all to myself for a night (hey big boy!!!!!!!!!).

Additionally, I have changed my mode of conveyance to something a bit more traditional. I will not be bringing the F800GS in the truck. I will be doing the only proper thing I should do and will be bringing Heather with me. Yep, me and Heather (aka, K1300GT) are headed east on Wednesday morning at between 3 and 4 AM. Destination Ouray with a stay in Torrey for a night on the way.

FYI, I will be utilizing warp drive, I'm giving ya all she's got, Cap'n, on Sunday morning as I HAVE to be back Sunday night. It'll be a straight shot home Sunday morning to Diamond Springs and Jamie's catcher's mitt.

Bill_Walker
FYI, I will be utilizing warp drive, I'm giving ya all she's got, Cap'n, on Sunday morning as I HAVE to be back Sunday night. It'll be a straight shot home Sunday morning to Diamond Springs and Jamie's catcher's mitt.

Are you sure she wants to be squeezing an Iron Butt? :grin:

On edit: checked Google maps, and if you take I-80 you _can_ make an SS1000 out of it. If you take 50, you come up short, but can no doubt make greater use of the aforementioned "warp drive".

Sharon and I are thinking we'd like to ride the Alpine Loop on Saturday. It's long, so we need an early start (you know, like on the road before 9 kinda early). We'll go up from Ouray to Animas Forks (the ghost town we took pictures at last year), then turn to Lake City via Cinnamon Pass. Lunch in Lake City. Back via Henson Creek, Capitol City, and Engineer Pass.

Route is suitable for the dual sport bikes, jeeps and 4wd drive trucks.

Who's IN?

Sharon and I are thinking we'd like to ride the Alpine Loop on Saturday. It's long, so we need an early start (you know, like on the road before 9 kinda early). We'll go up from Ouray to Animas Forks (the ghost town we took pictures at last year), then turn to Lake City via Cinnamon Pass. Lunch in Lake City. Back via Henson Creek, Capitol City, and Engineer Pass.

Who's IN?

Me. :thumbsup:

Bill_Walker

Who's IN?

This is BMWST. You're planning too far ahead. :grin:

Who's IN?

Yeah, I know.

You know usually I'm just along for the ride. It annoys Tom when I have my own agenda :/

But when Sharon will actually tell me what she wants to do... all bets are off.

Who's IN?

Someday my man from SLC will figure that out :) I have hope

Who's IN?

Someday my man from SLC will figure that out :) I have hope

:clap:

Looking forward to a great big bear hug from you my man. We were just excited 'cause we had the maps out and figured out the route Russell had been talking about. We'll talk Friday night.

In case anyone is curious, the Riverpark Condos are near the town hot springs pool. Pull into the pool parking lot and proceed on through, bearing right.

In case anyone is curious, the Riverpark Condos are near the town hot springs pool. Pull into the pool parking lot and proceed on through, bearing right.

For anyone that wants to drop in unexpected? :grin:

Firefight911

I'll buy the coffee when you drive right by and pick me up on the way!!!!! See ya in the morning, punkin!

Of course!

AFIAK Joel and Roydog would need directions. If anyone drops in unexpected I'm sure we'll be most pleased to have you.

Firefight911

In bed in 30 minutes for a 3 AM wake up to begin the journey East to Torrey for a day and then to Ouray.

I soooooooooooooooooooooo need this!!!

I wonder how the Hwy 50 Nevada crossing will go for me?

Hmmmm, 160 hp and a long stretch of openness. 'He's got a long way to go, and a short time to get there, come on Bandit, come on Bandit, runnnnnnnnnn . . . '

Or maybe it's a case of Coyote vs Road Runner??

coyote-and-road-runner.jpg

My SPOT tracker will be on so you can check in if you desire. Click on the 'Where am I?'link in my sig for location data.

AdventurePoser

I don't know why I keep checking this thread. It's torture not being able to go! We've been vacationing in Ouray for years, and can't think of a nicer spot in southwestern CO.

Cheers,

Steve

Firefight911

In Ely, NV for an Elk burger at Silver State restaurant.

This ride tale is developing nicely already!

**   Chris   **

Just talked to Mr. Whip. He is in the badlands of New Mexico traversing the BIA lands. He is enjoying cool temperatures and vast sceneries. Hopes to be drinking Scotch by sundown.

Rolled into town a couple of hours ago. Just finished off a rib eye at Outlaws, excellent. The weather is fine at the moment :grin:

Rolled into town a couple of hours ago. Just finished off a rib eye at Outlaws, excellent. The weather is fine at the moment :grin:

Great

See ya in a couple days

ETA Ouray tomorrow...afternoon

+1. Kickstand up early. Haven't picked a route yet. I'll call someone if I'm gonna run late. I am SO looking forward to this.

There are ominous drilling/grinding sounds coming from the Killer garage - either they are cutting up my RT or installing some farkle on the Katoom...

Still truckin west. Currently sitting right on the Continental Divide west of Chama, NM, eating dinner.

I should arrive somewhere around noon, unless I get delayed moutain biking near Durango. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :thumbsup:

Still truckin west. Currently sitting right on the Continental Divide west of Chama, NM, eating dinner.

I should arrive somewhere around noon, unless I get delayed moutain biking near Durango. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
Firefight911
Which way are you going Phil?

Left, right, left, right, left, left, left, right, straight, left, right, right, and so on and so forth.

Really boring and repetitive actually.

San Diego boys are in bed, I just sent the last work email, and am really stoked about motoing tomorrow. See ya all at the pool!

Left, right, left, right, left, left, left, right, straight, left, right, right, and so on and so forth.

The inscrutable Mr. C. . . :grin:

The inscrutable Mr. C. . . :grin:

You'd better watch it, I thinks she's gonna whack you!

Archived