IGNORED

Dog Carrier

skeenut

Anyone carry their pooch on board? We're considering rescuing a one year old very cute black miniature poodle and I want to be able transport him on the R1100s. I've got a Givi Topcase and would use the carrier in place of it.

Road Hound made a neat looking product but it appears they are out of business. http://www.road-hound.com/images/customer/bikergirl2.jpg

Any ideas?

TIA,

Jeff, Sparta, NJ

Not that you want to destroy your Givi, but I've seen folks cut about a 4" hole in the topcase for the dog's head to poke out. You might manage to add a little windscreen, or make a dome out of a clear plastic bowl. That, some air holes, and a little pillow... both of you would be all set!

You can also get a carrier that straps onto the passenger to carry the dog in front-pouch kind of idea. Or a sidecar.

If I can find an inexpensive Givi I would give it a try. As usual however the devil is in the details. It definitely would need some sort of secure yet comfortable harness system that is easy to engage, some padding that doesn't slide around but can be removed for cleaning. I just hate reinventing the wheel if I can help it.

Would get some Doggles for eye protection. Don't know how to address ear protection. I see dogs riding with their head out cager's windows all the time and have never heard about ear/hearing damage....

Perhaps a modified tank bag is a better solution. The dog will be able to see forward, have some wind protection and feel secure seeing you.

James Clark
wow cut a hole in the givi, wouldnt that eventually kill the dog? wind blown head, overheating body.

Observation bubble.

7217c-0507.jpg

or

e3r4.jpg

Rob,

Yes, I saw those on *bay today for about $150.00. I think it would be just a tad small for my guy. Probably a good fit for your Bichon though...

Archived