IGNORED

Tires again

Urban Surfer

Urban Surfer

Any one have any links for a tire dealer of two.

What about Canadian Duty, any idea what that costs on tires.

The local BMW shop wants $700.00 for a set of tires installed!

No way I'm going to pay that.

converting to USD that is $630. I priced Pilot Road 2 online and at the dealer from $300 to $350 USD. $300 for installation is nuts. You are not one of "those" Canadians that bought a bike in the USA when our dollars were at pairty are you?

Any one have any links for a tire dealer of two.

What about Canadian Duty, any idea what that costs on tires.

The local BMW shop wants $700.00 for a set of tires installed!

No way I'm going to pay that.

I used to purchase tires from the US for my Goldwing. I would get two Met 880's for $300.00, pay $70.00 for shipping and GST is all it would cost me. Don't ship with Fedex, they charge ridiculous brokerage fees.

You are not one of "those" Canadians that bought a bike in the USA when our dollars were at pairty are you?

And the Canadian dollar is looking good at $1.11 US today. Good time to buy.

Here in Alberta I got a set of PR2's for $460. BMW quoted $480 + $170 labour don't know if that included balancing. To much so me and 2 friends a bought a NoMar tire changer and balancer 5 tire swaps and it's paid for.

Here in Alberta I got a set of PR2's for $460. BMW quoted $480 + $170 labour don't know if that included balancing. To much so me and 2 friends a bought a NoMar tire changer and balancer 5 tire swaps and it's paid for.

How far is Ponoka from Cold Lake?

Urban Surfer
converting to USD that is $630. I priced Pilot Road 2 online and at the dealer from $300 to $350 USD. $300 for installation is nuts. You are not one of "those" Canadians that bought a bike in the USA when our dollars were at pairty are you?

No I bought the bike hear. The installation cost is $120.00 the rest is tires and taxes

I'm on my second set of SHINKO's also have a friend that tried them and he is on his second set. The latest is the Shinko Advance. If you search the net they are sold in other countries labeled as Continental. Total with shipping was $155.00 for both from motorcycle-superstore.com. First set I got around between 5 and 6k out of them. Spend more if you want but I'm good with them.

JC Whitney will have a set of Shinko Raven Radials at your door in about 3 days for $200.00 US. Put em on yourself and save some money. It is theraputic and good for the soul

I had the RAVENS first and now I'm running the ADVANCE. I will say the ADVANCE has a way better ride than the RAVEN. Also those prices can be beat at motorcycle-superstore.com. Should be around $160 to $170 for both including shipping.

gmarktbone

Does Motorcycle-superstore.com deliver to Canada? I just bought a Roadsmart front tire for 115.99-no tax, free shipping. I bought a rear Roadsmart from them a couple of months ago for 140.00-no tax, free shipping.

I pick up a couple of sets across the line every year. In additon to the US/Can exchange all I've ever paid extra is the tax. No duty.

Any chance you could buy them in the US and bring them back?

M/C superstore has the BT021 $106 front $130 rear= $236 US or $280 Can plus tax is $320 can. That is what I would pay plus $50-75 mounting. Sometimes I don't even have to pay the tax, especially if I order only one tire.

Their website say free shipping on $75 or more in the continental U.S. but it also say they ship to Puerto Rico and other locations for the standard rate.

I had the RAVENS first and now I'm running the ADVANCE. I will say the ADVANCE has a way better ride than the RAVEN. Also those prices can be beat at motorcycle-superstore.com. Should be around $160 to $170 for both including shipping.

No doubt about it Rich. Motorcycle-superstore has got a better price than JC Whitney on the Shinkos but they won't ship motorcycle tires to Canada...not to me anyway. Thanks for the feedback on the ADVANCE. I will try them next time.

Sidmariner

Hi Malcolm,

Adrenalin Motorcycle Co-Op in Victoria has a 30% discount for members. I just ordered a set of the new Roadtec Z6 Interact Metzelers for $420, mounted and balanced. I was advised they are a better fit for the RT when heavily loaded (like anytime I'm sitting on it)

http://www.adrenalinmotorcycle.com/

Hi Malcolm,

Adrenalin Motorcycle Co-Op in Victoria has a 30% discount for members. I just ordered a set of the new Roadtec Z6 Interact Metzelers for $420, mounted and balanced. I was advised they are a better fit for the RT when heavily loaded (like anytime I'm sitting on it)

http://www.adrenalinmotorcycle.com/

Let us know how you like them, I haven't heard much from anyone who has actual ridden on them.

Archived