IGNORED

Autocom Bluetooth Adaptor

malcolmblalock

malcolmblalock

Does anyone know if the bluetooth adapters for Autocom units ate interchangable? In particular, my adapter (Part #1276, powered by the Autocom unit) has malfunctioned and I can get a Part #1273 at a good price to replace it. My question is whether or not these two parts are interchangable?

Thanks,

Siman00

Firefight911

Yes, they are interchangeable. You just need to make sure your base unit is powered through aux. 1. It will then be a 4 pole connector only for anything connected to aux. 1.

Difference between 1273 and 1276 is the power source.

malcolmblalock

Since my initial post on this topic, I've done some troubleshooting and believe the bluetooth adapter (Part 1276) is ok, but my Autocom is messing up.

I currently have a Kit 6 (Pro Sport 7, I think) and am considering the Kit 300 (Super Pro AVI). I've found a dealer in Canada that has the Kit 300 (D) at a reasonable cost. According to the dealer, the "D" designation means that the unit will power the Part 1276 properly, without having to alter the circuit board (as would have to be done on the "regular" kit 300). I'm just very nervous about cutting wires in a new unit!

If this is true, I'll just order the kit 300(D) and use the old bluetooth adapter.

Can anyone confirm that the Kit 300(D) will work with Part 1276 without having to modify the circuit board?

John Bentall
Since my initial post on this topic, I've done some troubleshooting and believe the bluetooth adapter (Part 1276) is ok, but my Autocom is messing up.

I currently have a Kit 6 (Pro Sport 7, I think) and am considering the Kit 300 (Super Pro AVI). I've found a dealer in Canada that has the Kit 300 (D) at a reasonable cost. According to the dealer, the "D" designation means that the unit will power the Part 1276 properly, without having to alter the circuit board (as would have to be done on the "regular" kit 300). I'm just very nervous about cutting wires in a new unit!

If this is true, I'll just order the kit 300(D) and use the old bluetooth adapter.

Can anyone confirm that the Kit 300(D) will work with Part 1276 without having to modify the circuit board?

The above question definitely one to fire at enquiries@autocom.co.uk as well as this knowledgeable board.

More info would be useful - what is conncted to the Pro-7 (an extremely reliable unit) - are you using a Zumo GPS? Why do you say the Pro 7 might be at fault? Have you considered having the Pro repaired?

The Super Pro AVi is obsolescent - hence the good discount.

malcolmblalock

Hmmmm So, the Super Pro AVI is obsolescent? My Pro-7 has been very good; it's about 4 years old. But all of the main leads are damaged (pinched by seat, mostly), and the volume level is way too low for me and the pillion to hear music at speed (even with the Sirius radio volume set to maximum).

My connections include: Garmin 2720 GPS, Sirius Satellite Radio, BlackBerry 8130 Pearl phone, Kenwood 3101 (I think) radio. All of the volume levels are satisfactory except for the Sirius radio.

Ok, another approach--what's the best way to obtain additional volume from the Sirius radio?

Can you explain more about why the Super Pro AVI is obsolescent? I thought it was a much newer unit than mine...

I did contact Autocom UK, but they were very little help. So, I'm relying on whatever response(s) I can get from this forum.

Anyone with experience or knowledge who is willing to speak out will be appreciated.

I've got a Super Pro AVI and it is working great. I have Kenwood 3101 b to b, Garmin 550 with XM and cell phone and MP3 plus V1 hooked up to to it all works great with plenty of volume. Secret to the volume assuming you're using helmet speakers is speaker placement. They must be directly over the ear hole and touching the ear. Much trial and error but it is worth it. Another solution is using in-ear speakers (Az Al's). They will give better fideltiy at speeds but a little more trouble to put on every time.

John Bentall
Hmmmm So, the Super Pro AVI is obsolescent? My Pro-7 has been very good; it's about 4 years old. But all of the main leads are damaged (pinched by seat, mostly), and the volume level is way too low for me and the pillion to hear music at speed (even with the Sirius radio volume set to maximum).

My connections include: Garmin 2720 GPS, Sirius Satellite Radio, BlackBerry 8130 Pearl phone, Kenwood 3101 (I think) radio. All of the volume levels are satisfactory except for the Sirius radio.

Ok, another approach--what's the best way to obtain additional volume from the Sirius radio?

Can you explain more about why the Super Pro AVI is obsolescent?

The Super Pro Avi was designed and introduced in 2006 before the latest stereo music/cellphne-compatable Garmin GPS hit the market. The inputs on its direct replacement units introduced in May 2009, the Super Pro Automatic and SP Remote, have been designed with the Zumo GPS range in mind without the need for bluetooth modules, are a lot LOUDER - as well as having a host of other features. See www.autocom.co.uk for the new models. One of the less pricey Logic models would also suit your requirements.

John is right on with speaker placement. Might be an idea to take one of the headset speakers out of the helmet and hold it directly over your ear to see if there is a difference in volume.

I don't know much about the Sirius - could you fit a Boostaroo into that input. Hopefully someone else will help.

You could easily get replacement cables for that main unit if required.

I thought it was a much newer unit than mine...

I did contact Autocom UK, but they were very little help. So, I'm relying on whatever response(s) I can get from this forum.

Anyone with experience or knowledge who is willing to speak out will be appreciated.

If anyone has any problems with gaining complete satisfaction with the UK factory, you must ask for the persons name then ask to speak to me, Tom Beman (owner) and let me know. As most will confirm, my staff are normally first class and always willing to help, but I know at the moment they are under extreme pressured trying to satisfy the massive demands for our new products and with staff holidays and someone off sick the phones have been melting and so I suppose I can imagine them trying to rush and not have the normal level of patience that our customers have come to expect from us over the years. Sorry if that has happened.

We do have some new staff at Autocom and so if the person you speak to does not know the answer to your questions they should put you on to one of the other more experienced team members, but sometimes these people are very busy and may have to get back to you.

We can provide you with replacement leads which simply plug into your old system if you need these. There are still a few Super Pro AVi systems floating around and if you want one of these we will help you track it down.

You can use a part 1273 with the kit 300D (SP-AVi) and here is a link to the instruction manual. http://www.autocom.co.uk/pdf/Kit%20300%20Instructions.pdf

Kit 300D… the D stands for Duo so it has both rider and passenger headsets.

The latest Super Pro AUTOMATIC has many advanced features that you may prefer and as John says are designed to be much louder with accessories.

Autocom UK Tom

Archived