IGNORED

Better than PnS; Smaller than DSLR

David

This new camera Olympus has just announced might be a nice option for riders who want better quality than a Point and Shoot would provide but don't want the heavy, large, unwieldy digital SLR on the trip:

1461_overview1.jpg

Great sensor, interchangeable lenses, small form factor, tough shell. They make some good stuff.

Interesting indeed.

Of course most of the weight and bulk of the dSLR are in the lenses and other equipment you lug with you. Many photogs actually want a bigger, sturdier body to balance the big lenses, offering better ergonomics and a more secure grip.

It will be interesting to see how this does and who it catches on with. It might be nice for those that do mostly wide angle, e.g. landscape or indoors, and use mostly a single, smaller, lens.

I am a camera slut.

I thought I had it under control.................... :dopeslap:..... and now this

I've owned 3 "G Series" Canons..........G2, G5, G8.......as well as a D70, an S110, S80, another S110 'cuz I killed the first one.......

The G is still my favorite.

I really need a good "bike" camera for this riding season. I like this one, but because I am so far sighted ( I wear reading glasses only) I have found I need an optical viewfinder vrs the LCD viewfinder. I hate having to always put my glasses on to look at the LCD. on my current camera, the optical viewfinder works just fine with no glasses. but this is nice, and smaller than my current camera, so I may go check it out. thanks david.

Archived