IGNORED

Baehr Intercoms

Pletch

Does anyone have experience with Baehr systems? We have Scheuberth helmets and the Scheuberth bluetooth intercoms and I hate the intercoms...did I mention I hate the intercom? The slightest breeze sets of the TTA, and the volume is horible, the battery life sucks, all in all, not satisfied. But we tried to be modern and go cableless, well thats what we get for it.

Now I am to the point I am goign after a cabled system, but I only want to buy it once, at least thats the plan. Everything I have read from teh dozens of sytems out there, the Baehr is hands down the best, but its pricey. LT riders love it, but I wanted to get some opinions from RT riders.

Thanks,

Dan

Firefight911

From a guy who struggled for almost 5 years with the Baehr comm system . . . . RUN AWAY!!!!!!

There is zero support, the system is the size of Manhattan (where the hell do I put this thing!?), the interfaces are cumbersome and limited, and if you have any issues with them, there is no support (Oh, I mentioned that, didn't I?)

I have had the Verso and the Ultima XL (2 of them).

To be fair, after 3-1/2 or so years of messing around I got them to work pretty well but, I installed the Autocom system in the new GT and it worked perfectly from day one!

Go with Autocom. Yes, you might struggle a bit to get a kit right now due to Autocom transitioning to a new distributor but, you won't regret it!!!

New Autocom install link

John Bentall

Since you are stationed in Germany, surrounded by Germans, I am not in the least bit surprised that it is easy to succumb to the German hype. You are also in Stuttgart, so you could easily get a factory installation at Pirmasens if you wished and probably walk out a happy man.

However if you ship your bike back, the support back in the USA is suspect according to others on this board.

I think that you should seek out a local Autocom dealer because it is the higher quality system (I don't like open-mike systems like the Baehr) at a better price, but I would not blame you if you bought Baehr.

Motochat

Wiesbadener Strasse 4

45145 Essen

Germany

Tel: +49 (0)201 86 55 911

Fax: +49 (0)201 86 55 912

This may help, I am sure!

or you may want to look at www.autocom.co.uk for the latest information.

We are now starting to develop a completely NEW website that will soon transform your vision of our products and service, and make Autocom so much easier to understand and choose than it has ever been before.

This NEW Autocom website will FULLY support all of our GLOBAL dealers and ensure that ALL of our customers around the world receive the very best supply and support, as we provide for the 1 in every 200 UK bikers that we supply and support every year.

While I am on this forum, may I just say to you all you USA folk, we are about to announce the NEW USA distributor and list all the US dealers that will have Autocom over the coming weeks. And we are VERY sorry for the unfortunate delays in sorting this unfortunate problem out, but we are almost there and we are sure you will appreciate our extra efforts in getting this right!

Autocom UK Tom

Check out my sig. (No affiliation)

Tony from Challenger Motors knows his stuff. I fitted the 1150RT bike specific unit (no longer listed) to mine and never looked back. Flawless integration with the bike, a bit fiddely with the helmet setup but plug in, turn on and away you go. None of the mucking about setting up and tuning in the Autocom gear needs as observed on an install on a friends bike.

Yes pricey but worth it IMHO.

Cheers,

Archived