IGNORED

Etymotic hf2 for iPhone

bakerzdosen

bakerzdosen

Has anyone tried the Etymotic hf2's with their iPhone (or some other smartphone?)

It would seem to be a great concept in that you could be listening to your tunes and answer the phone (if you were stopped) without taking off your helmet.

They seem to be the same size as my er-4p's - at least as far as protruding from the ear canal, something my er6's are MUCH better at.

Just curious.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/hf2.aspx

No direct experience with the HF2s, but I've had the ER-6i and the ER4P. While the 6's are small and fit into the ear canal far enough to allow the helmet to slide on, I cannot imagine that the ER4Ps would fit under a properly fitting, snug helmet. If the HF2s are the same size, I would expect the same result. (That said, I love my Ety's...the sound quality must be experienced to be believed...)

bakerzdosen
I cannot imagine that the ER4Ps would fit under a properly fitting, snug helmet. If the HF2s are the same size, I would expect the same result. (That said, I love my Ety's...the sound quality must be experienced to be believed...)
I've ridden many miles with my er-4p's (of course I've probably flown 200k miles with them since I bought them in 2002.) They are usually OK (for me) under my Arai with the rubber tips but they are indeed a pain to wear with the foam tips and a helmet. With that said, I do prefer my er6i's under a helmet.

I could live with the hf2's if they were the same as my 4p's with the rubber tips. If they were the same as the 4p's with the foam tips - that wouldn't really work for me. Of course, if they added the functionality of the Shure PTH - I'd have found my perfect headphones.

Archived