IGNORED

BMW Gear Descriptions

moshe_levy

Now I know BMW makes great gear, but they do a lousy job of describing it, that's for sure. It very difficult to determine what sets one suit apart from another, besides the obvious off road vs. on road comparisons. I wish there was some more focus in their ads. I was dreaming of either a BMW suit or a proper Aerostich for the holidays this year....

-MKL

Agreed. However, they do a good job of describing their apparel in detail, in the extensive information folders they provide their dealers. These folders contain data on materials, material layers (when things are bonded together, for example), abrasion resistance, temperature comfort ranges, levels of waterproofing, etc. These folders are given to official BMW Apparel Dealers. I always found them to be a great tool to help guide customers in their decision making.

Would be nice to get my hands on one of those guides.... I think also the BMW-ON magazine had something in there describing the main differences between the suits a few years ago, but I can't find it....

-MKL

markgoodrich

Would be a whole lot nicer to actually see and touch the stuff, even try it on. As far as I know, there's no dealer in Texas where such a wonder could occur.

Same here. Dealer doesn't stock but maybe 1, sometimes 2 types of suits. They have many more available. Then again, I'm not about to make the trek to MN to touch an Aerostich either.....

-MKL

Now I know BMW makes great gear, but they do a lousy job of describing it, that's for sure. It very difficult to determine what sets one suit apart from another, besides the obvious off road vs. on road comparisons. I wish there was some more focus in their ads. I was dreaming of either a BMW suit or a proper Aerostich for the holidays this year....

-MKL

It is all here:

http://www.motorcycles.bmw.com.au/indexframe.asp

Ian

Archived