IGNORED

MY OURAY IV RIDE TALE

azkaisr

But I don't know if that is Corkscrew

Coming down Corkscrew is memory you won't soon forget.... :eek:

Very steep and narrow with hairpin turns all the way down.I remember sliding with the brakes locked most of the way down on my DRZ.

Thats probably the only place I didn't stop for pics.....

My bad. :S I heard the word, and assumed that's the route we took. Never looked at a map or GPS then, and still haven't. I do recall thinking that "Corkscrew" connoted something more interesting than that road.

Corkscrew was a great ride. When you first start down it isn't too "screwy", but then you see where it gets it's name. The last section through the trees down to Hwy. 550 is an absolute blast...fast with lots of dips, dives, and turns.

Thanks Tom for the tale. It was tough reading, believe me. I will no longer be working by the next installment of Ouray and without excuses for missing the fun.

Jan, Jan, Jan. South man. South. Away from the weather. Get outta Dodge quick..... or is that only what you tell me :grin:. BTW....are u that masked man?

Hey I was for turning around, but they convinced me not to go off on my own. The rest were going up on Tom's advice. It worked, so who's to complain. No, the masked man in the vid is Danny, a surprise attendee. But Tom has already revealed him in this thread... so not much guessing left to that game.

Safety in numbers Jan. Stay with the pack. That "parking" incident was .....interesting :wave:

Gratuitous, no-drama Jeep shot for Marco, coming down Corkscrew.

573647261_Qjnnp-M.jpg

And to think it had been snowing just a few minutes before this.

Finally a Jeep picture, thanks Joel.

Rough, torn up roads can be brutal in a Jeep. That's where OBA (jeep talk for on-board air) is nice to have. Airing down to 10 PSI takes away a substantial amount of the beating you'll take and OBA allows you to air back up at the end of the trail, for the ride back in to town..

roadscholar
571373905_bMAUM-L.jpg

I love all you guys and can't think of a better bunch of people to call friends.

Back at ya, +1 and all that. :clap: Day 2 was one of the most memorable of my life.

But wait, there's more ...

Ditto on that thought. Joel, I was quietly elated Sunday morning when you said you were going back up with us, and knew you wouldn't regret it. It turned out pretty good. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived