IGNORED

Results of 49L Top Case Painting

bayoubengal

bayoubengal

Local paint and body shop with a reputation for art-like work painted my top case for free. (Kinda - he had just finished an $8500 repair on our F150). I had intended to supply Color Rite but the shop exclusively uses Pittsburgh Automotive Paints and really wanted to use a computer scanned/match from my side case. I deferred to his judgement and the results were excellent. If I didn't know better I would assume it was factory painted. Just thought I'd share my results in case others were interested. BoxerTopCase008.jpg

BoxerTopCase005.jpg

Mine's scheduled to go in tomorrow for a paint match, that stock silver color just doesn't cut it. I mean, if I didn't care what it looked like I might as well have bought a Givi. :grin:

Mine's scheduled to go in tomorrow for a paint match, that stock silver color just doesn't cut it.

There is somebody in Houston that several members of the Austin BMW club send their topcases to for painting. Are you getting this done locally?

The silver doesn't bother me...oh wait, that's because I have a silver RT. ;)

Wayne

There is somebody in Houston that several members of the Austin BMW club send their topcases to for painting. Are you getting this done locally?

Yeah, I'm taking it in locally, figure that any body & paint shop that can't do a decent job on something as basic as this wouldn't be in business very long. Not sure why one would want to deal with the issues involved in shipping it to Houston, but maybe they got a good group deal or something. Anyway, I'll know tonight...

Looks great, spot on!

IMHO it's always better to have a paint shop color match paint. Paint fades and modern color matching machines are the best way to ensure a truly perfect match.

Yup! That's what I should've done. :thumbsup: I've got a silver Givi & a grey bike. Damn, i'm not worthy! worthy.gif:grin:

Looks really nice. :thumbsup:

Pat

Archived