IGNORED

About Multivex Mirrors...

Jon_M

I've been following the discussion on blind-spot mirrors, where several have mentioned the multivex mirrors. Discussing these mirrors, the multivex site says this: Normally provides larger images than OEM convex mirrors. Therefore, produces better distance judgment to trailing vehicles.

If you use these mirrors, is this what you have experienced? This is a critical point for me. My primary concern with many convex mirrors is that distances are hard to judge, especially with medium-distance objects that look very small.

My experience on my '04 1150RT is that things directly behind me are about normal. As they appear further out to the side, however, they become smaller and more distorted. Not good for trying to read speed limit signs in the rear view on the other side of the road, but excellent for seeing cars trying to ride in your blindspot on either side. It took about an hour to get used to the distortion and nothing has snuck up on me since.

I concur with Quinn, although I do not as of yet have Multivex on my 1200. I did have on my 1100 and loved them. Far better than any stick-on blind spot mirror.

Me too. I like looking at one image instead of two with stick ons. Since the mirror is bigger than the stickons, the image is bigger, and I adjusted to the distortion quickly. You can see cars behind you, and cars right next to you. I still look over my shoulder, but pretty much have it figured out where the cars are with the mirrors. A good solution for a marginal mirror design for me.

From the testimonials in this thread, I ordered a set of mirrors. My 12 year old Volvo has mirrors on which the outer third is designed to give a slight fish-eye view that I appreciate and I assume the Multivex does the same. If not or if I can't adjust to them, then I'm out some cash, but if they help, so much the better.

Dang. After commenting in favor of the adjustable spot mirrors from Pep Boys (under $5.00), I may have to invest in the Multivex solution. I also like the idea of not having to check two mirrors to get a good fix on what's coming.

Archived