IGNORED

Zumo 550 and Autcom

Knifemaker

Knifemaker

I was able to sync my cell to my Zumo but when I tried to sync my Zumo to my Autocom the Zumo asked me for a passcode is there a generic passcode to accomplish this?

OverMyHead

Bill, Dunno if you have the same part as me, but I've got the 1273 Bluetooth adapter for my autocom and the pass key was: 0000.

David

Knifemaker

When I go to pair the Zumo to the Autocom the Zumo searches for and finds Autocom "Dongle" I tap on "OK" a message comes up "passcode for phone is 1234" then the screen switches for me to type in passcode....I have tried 0000 and 1234 then the screen switchs to something like locating devise...and the screen switchs to bluetooth connection failed....

The autocom is working and the autocom dongle shows up but I can not seem to make a successful connection between the two....

The phone is sync'ed to the Zumo because Zumo says it is and my cell phone's phone number data base is showing up...

OverMyHead

Yeah the 1273 is a little weird. On the end of the 1273 there are two caps. One covers a led and the other covers a button. To get the autocom in discovery mode so it will take the passcode, you have to press the button on the end of the 1273 until the light goes out (6s). Then you press the button a second time till the light blinks rapidly (about 6s). Then you can pair it with the zumo using the 0000 passcode.

The zumo will see the autocom dongle if you don't do the button pressing thing, but it won't let you pair it.

David

Firefight911

Also, when doing this make sure your phone bluetooth and any other bluetooth device is either off or well out of range. That was the one thing I had to make sure of when I initially paired mine.

Archived