IGNORED

Something Migsel-esque for R1100RT?

Allen Rowand

Allen Rowand

I'm planning on getting a Zumo 550 and am trying to find a suitable mount. I like the position of the Migsel mount, but you can't fit one to an 1100 due to the "bulge" in the middle of the dash. The RCU shelf is overkill for what I need and the GadgetGuy mount is nice, but too spendy for my taste.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't have much in the way of tools, so fabbing my own would be pretty tough.

Thanks,

Allen

Just posted this elsewhere... its the lower ignition switch housing from a Harley Ultra Classic turned upside down and trimmed to fit....

DSCF0208.jpg

dc

Thats a neat arrangement,is that a cb radio?How did you wire that in?I`m currently using pmr through a Starcom but would like the optiom of cb.

Regards Del

Gday Del,

The radio is a 40ch GME TX3400 UHF (more common here in Oz than CB). I'm fortunate enough to know a couple of radio guys. I provided them with the pinouts for the radio (provided by GME), and for the Autocom (found them on the net), and they made up a cable to suit.

The head unit is mounted where you see it, with the main unit mounted in the glove box (but could go in the tail or pretty much anywhere).

Cheers

Don

Archived