IGNORED

Any feedback on this seat mod company in Florida?

brianbmw

I had my stock GS seat done by them. Since the price was so cheap I thought I'd give him a try. It is better than stock but not as good as the GS Adventure I bought to use in the interum. I am now saving my pennies for a Russell.

I cannot tell you if they are good or not. I can tell you that there are more seat builders than the handful who have graduated to the "well known status, like Sargent/Russell/Corbin etc)

Before going to a Florida guy, I would suggest a trip to the Yellow Pages or Google. If he lives near where you are, I would bet on a good selection of seat guys.

Go to a custom Harley shop... and ask around... there will be many to choose from. Seat building is not rocket science and you can find a local guy who will talk things over and build him just what he wants.

He had an excellent write up in an article in Rider a couple years ago.

He stays very busy and seems well known over on the FJR forum.

He would seem to be an excellent alternative based on time and expense.

If you don't like it you haven't shelled out huge bucks.

I've heard several positive comments last year from his customers.

YMMV.

Best wishes.

I sent my RT seats to him last December. Service was fast, efficient, reliable etc. There's a difference over stock, but I'm sure it's not quite like an expensive aftermarket seat, but neither is the price.

Dave_in_TX
I sent my RT seats to him last December. Service was fast, efficient, reliable etc. There's a difference over stock, but I'm sure it's not quite like an expensive aftermarket seat, but neither is the price.

+1 on the service. I had my R1200RT low seat worked on by him about a year ago. Price was quite reasonable, however, there was only a small increase in seat comfort.

If you go to COG they pretty much rave on anything good and cheap. Spencers is right on up there with duct tape. Do a search and you'll find a lot of feedback. One example.

I know your friend has an FJR, but for the RT owners looking at this thread. Through email I inquired about an 07 RT seat modification. Spencer said that he no longer will modify RT seats. He states that he was finding to many of them were cracked when he removed the cover to make the modification.

Bheckel169

I received this email from Frank Spencer for those of you interested in having him rebuild your seat.

"Because of the composite material that BMW chose for your R1200R seat (as well as several other late model BMW's) repeated stapling will cause the pan to crack and be irreparable. Due to this I am not able to accept your seat for modification."

Bruce

• 1 year later...

Archived