IGNORED

tire torque specs

taters

i need some help. a few years ago i bought some tires from sw moto. i took them to a yamaha dealership, since it was the only one in town...they torqued the nuts wrong and i almost crashed. bottom line it cost $2300 in damage. i took them to small claims court and won...since then i just had my tires put on at a bmw dealership. but it costs me about $125 more. i went to motorcyclesuperstore.com and they have metzler interacts for $278 delivered. they also have a preferred installers on their site. so i called one near me and they will put them on for me for $100. the service dept just told me to bring the correct torque specs. could you tell me what ther are and be real specific as i don't know a phillips from a regular screwdriver. i have an 1150 rt 2004. thanks for the help

Rear Wheel Installation

a.Install the 4 lug bolts and cone spacers, 17mm socket, FIRST torque to 37 ft.lb.

(50 Nm) THEN final torque to 77 ft.lb. (105 Nm).

b. Install the caliper, 8mm hex bit socket, bolt + lockwasher goes to the rear, bolt only goes through the ABS wire bracket, torque to 30 ft.lb (40 Nm).

:thumbsup:

This should get the job done for ya.

Your title is a little missleading. You don't torque tires, you torque wheels. But that set aside, the "11" series BMWs have four lugs on the rear wheel. I've heard that there have been problems and now some of the dealers are "blue" lock tighting the lugs on. Not a recomendation, just a comment.

Archived