IGNORED

Headlight Cover for R1200RT?

NJRTrider

Anybody using a headlight cover and have a favorite?

Aeroflow, Ceebailey, etc.

Noticed a chip in my headlight and I think it's time to invest in one.

Looking for one that fits well on the headlight and is not too noticeable.

Thanks in advance.

Aerostich sells 2 different thicknesses of headlight shield: 14 mil polyurethane, and 60 mil vinyl. I don't know how much curvature there is on the R1200RT, but on an R1100RT, the compound curve of the lens was too much for the 60 mil vinyl to stick reliably. The 14 mil polyurethane is more conforming, and is almost completely invisible. If you decide to use this stuff, make a pattern first, cut the shield to the pattern, then doublecheck the fit before removing the backing sheet and applying to the lens. Clean the lens thoroughly with rubbing alcohol, then warm up the shield slightly before applying, and press out air bubbles as you go.

I have used a plastic film protector from Xpell.com on my 2004 R1150RT for 5 years now with great results.

Same here, 3M film purchased from http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

Both products look interesting but I wonder how much it will increase heat to the bulb and the liklihood of it burning out prematurely..

Also, am I incorrect in believing that even if a rock cracked the lens it would not cause the bulb to fail? Has anyone had to spend the big bucks to replace a headlight module just from a rock strike? :S

Anybody using a headlight cover and have a favorite?

Aeroflow, Ceebailey, etc.

Noticed a chip in my headlight and I think it's time to invest in one.

Looking for one that fits well on the headlight and is not too noticeable.

Thanks in advance.

I ordered a Cee Bailey's soon after they came out with a 1200RT model...It didn't fit well at all so I put masking tape on it and drew where it needed to be modified IMG_0001.jpg and sent it back...They did a beautiful job and it worked so well I took some pics and sent them with a thank you note....They now use my pics in their add for the 12RT protector...I assume they used mine as the template for their product as a friend bought one later and it fits fine...

Bottom line....The Cee Bailey's works well, I have no experience with others...

No affiliation, just a happy customer................

Both products look interesting but I wonder how much it will increase heat to the bulb and the liklihood of it burning out prematurely..

Two bikes, couple of cages using the Xpell products, no issues.

Also, am I incorrect in believing that even if a rock cracked the lens it would not cause the bulb to fail?

Only at the point where it lets water in and potentially causes the bulb to shatter.

Has anyone had to spend the big bucks to replace a headlight module just from a rock strike?

Sure people have, but it's as much a cosmetic thing, bike shape issue as anything.

Archived