IGNORED

R1200RT-P Saddle?

Motors

For those of you who are fortunate to ride a RT-P for work, or those who have bought them for long distance touring (IB), what do you think of the police solo saddle???

How does it treat you?

Have you made any changes to the seat, and if so what??

Thanks,

Motors

I do the occasional mini-rally & commute daily on a R1200RTP with the low seat. To the best of my knowledge the seat(s) are the same as a RTs. I don't really have any trouble with it during normal daily commuting (50-60 miles, 1-3 hours r/t).

My change so far has not been to the seat, but underwear. LD Comfort shorts for the minis or days I know I'm not getting out of the saddle much. Under Armor stuff is pretty good, but the seam placement on the LDs is great for those days when you only dismount long enough for gas & relief.

I've considered getting a Sargent seat, but for routine use or leisurely rides the stock seat works for me.

roadshadowww

The seat on both my 99 and 03 RT-Ps have been different than the RT seats on my 99, 00, 02 and 04 regular RTs.

Not the comfort seat but it seems to be something different. Have not torn one open to check but I believe I have enough experience with the 2 models to feel they are not the same items.

Not to mention that the seat pans are slightly different also.

Archived