IGNORED

Relief from Saddle Soreness?

Lets_Play_Two

While preparing for the big lawn mower races in Durndle, Hank experiences back trouble. When he goes to the doctor, he is told that he has a genetic disorder called Diminished Gluteal Syndrome (DGS), meaning that he has such a small rear end that it puts added stress on his spine. The doctor gives Hank a prosthetic butt to wear, but the shame of it is too much until Peggy gets him to go to a DGS support meeting.

My initial reaction was "You gotta be kidding. A shortage of fat -- in the USA?" Then I clicked on the "lipotrophy" link, and realized this is a not uncommon problem among people with HIV, so these padded actually make a lot of sense for some people.

I wonder if "ergonomic features" means they have a fly.

I just pulled the cover from my after-market seat, and re-shaped it a little. I haven't done any long rides yet, but initial impression is that my mods were a significant improvement.

Lets_Play_Two
I would like to ask the O.P. if he has tried the product, or is this some joke?

I assume the product is legit, but I have not tried it, I thought it might be of interest to members because of the high priority "bottom" comfort gets in setting up a motorcycle. BTW I ride a Sargent and am very happy with my seat and that seat!! :)

Hello,

I run the website for www.lipowear.com and I wanted to answer quickly that our product is no joke.

HIV patients, Cancer patient and aging seniors can all suffer from lipoatrophy. I great deal of research and product testing went into the design of the foam, shape and discreteness (nope, they don’t make your butt look big) of our product. Our Sit Relief shorts were designed for those that suffer excruciating pain from sitting just 10 minutes, so I can definitely see application in the world of sport touring.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Deborah

Archived