IGNORED

Brake and tail light bulbs for my '02 R1150RS

blackyam

Hi. I hope this isn't a FAQ.

I went to my local AutoZone to purchase light bulbs for the brake and tail lights of my '02 R1150RS. According to my manual, the bulbs are

P25-1 12V 21W

R 19/10 12V 10W

but the AutoZone fellow said they don't carry anything with those types of numbers. After I got home, I searched the AutoZone web site and the Kragen web site, but couldn't find bulbs by those numbers.

Are there alternate numbers for the two light bulbs so that I may find them at my local auto parts store? Or where can I easily purchase these bulbs? TIA.

---John.

stop=1157

tail lamp=31

OK, thanks guys, Stubble! and PLW. I'll jot that in my manual and return to my local auto parts store. I'll be taking a trip in a few weeks, and I want to carry a spare headlight, brake light, and tail light.

Thanks again.

---John.

• 2 weeks later...
stop=1157

tail lamp=31

Hi. I picked up an 1157 yesterday (could not find a 31), but after I got home I noticed that it is a two-filament bulb, whereas my brake light is a one-filament bulb. Any suggestions? Thanks.

blackyam, I ran into that on my last 1150RT.. Try your local discount auto parts store & look in the foreign car bulb area.. I think mine matched up to a Mercedes or BMW car bulb..

Twisty

[

Hi. I picked up an 1157 yesterday (could not find a 31), but after I got home I noticed that it is a two-filament bulb, whereas my brake light is a one-filament bulb. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I owe you an apology, my old brain let me [us] down. A 1056 should be correct for the stop lamp and as Twisty suggested, Euro car bulbs should work for the tail lamp. 80s vintage should get you what you need. The number 31 came off a spare I have since the ones I got came in a package of two at Auto Zone.

Thanks, guys.

I will be bringing my bike in for a service this week and will try to pick up spares from the shop. Then I'll check at the local AutoZone again. I wonder why AutoZone weren't able to cross-reference the part numbers in my manual (P25-1 and R 19/10). Cheers.

Archived