IGNORED

Compare the Olympia Hi-Rez Airglide to the BMW Airshell?

johnhunter44

johnhunter44

I am going to purchase a Hi-Rez Mesh jacket. Can anyone compare the BMW Airshell to the Olympia Airglide? Love the price of the Olympia, but is the BMW better? Either one cooler than the other? If its not cool, I know I wont wear it. What say the board?

John,

If you're looking for maximum air flow, go with the Olympia, Recon 2 Mesh Tech Transformer Jacket. I have the AST, AirGlide 2 and the Recon 2 Mesh jacket and the Recon has the most ventilation. In fact, at high 50 and 60 temps you need a liner. It gets cold. The Recon 2 doesn't come with a liner, it's extra. The others come with liners.

I'm sold on the quality of the Olympia products, design and functionality of the pocket system they use and safety engineered into them. You can not beat the price either.

Bruce

I tried on both of the jackets you mentioned and I wound up buying Olympia Bushwacker. I just couldn't justify the price difference.

I'm in Florida and have been riding in 90 deg + weather and while I can't say I'm cool, I can say that it is much more comfortable than riding with that hot sun burning your skin...

I've read other posters talk about how Cordura isn't as good a material if you DO go down, but, if that happens, you have other things to worry about other than Cordura versus whatever....

I think the key to these jackets is to actually wear them while riding. I was amazed at the difference in air flow when I put on and rode with the Recon 2. It is clearly a vented jacket and has been great for hot summer days.

Bruce

It's not on your list but I would suggest you consider a BMW Venting Machine. They are lurking around used and new one's are discounted big time as they have discontinued the style. Mine is amazingly breezy and light but does not sacrifice armor to get that.

Paul In Australia

I have them BMw air shell suit. fantastic considering I live in virtually the tropics. Used in the desert alot as well. Very cool. Class product.

I have an Olympic Voyager Hi Viz with all the vents. Great jacket , and a lot cheaper than the BMW product, but not in the same class in my opinion.

Just get one that fits properly.

best regards

Archived