IGNORED

Batteries

Ksedlarz

I bought an Enersys Odyssey from http://www.batterymart.com/ last month. Their site was well organized, they seemed to have decent security, and they had a very good price. The battery came with L-shaped adapter brackets, for which many places charge extra.

Paul Mihalka

www.beemerboneyard.com sells Westco batteries. Good batteries and great service from the boneyard.

Karl, you have basically all the specific motorcycle batteries on line.. Westco,, Odyssey, Yuasa, etc.. You can just Google them to find who has the best battery deal (including shipping) at the moment.. Most are at least $100.00+ including shipping..

Then you have the non motorcycle Universal batteries like the UB12220.. I & quite a few others on this site use them.. The UB12220 can be had on line for a little over $50.00 including shipping..

The UB12220 seems to be a pretty good battery cranking power & long life wise.. Their basic limitation is they are not motorcycle specific batteries so have rather fragile battery posts & need some custom shimming to fit properly in the battery tray.. More than likely the battery cables won’t bolt right up without some modifications & probably drilling the battery post holes out a little.. They also have to be installed with little pulling load on the battery cables (see weak battery posts above)..

I have never had a problem using the UB12220 & have even adapted those darn things to work in my GoldWing.. But again they are not heavy duty motorcycle batteries & not meant to be installed by heavy handed lets force it in type people..

Twisty

Archived