IGNORED

Camos BTS 200

der Wanderer

der Wanderer

Installed the Camos BTS 200 last night. So far only using one channel, dual pairing - one to mobile phone and one to Bluetooth dongle attached to Zune. I have a modular helmet, it works very nicely with it. I am satisfied with the device so far. Sets up and works easily. Good quality. Possibly the only thing is I would like for it to be louder. I might go with in ear speakers rather than the helmet speakers + passive noise reduction ear plugs, but that means splicing... will only do it when I am sure.

der Wanderer

After riding some more, I like the ergonomy and capabilities but find the volume too low for my preference while using ear plugs. I will definitely perform some surgery to graft in ear speakers. Still a good buy in my opinion.

Fightingpiper

I have the older Camos 600 and really like it. I connect it to my Zumo and a stereo bluetooth dongle on the Zumo. The wife rarely rides but she has one on her helmet for intercom. She pairs her's to an dongle on a Ipod mini for her music. Have had only one day where I lost battery life and that was when I did a SS1000 from Winston-salem, NC home to St. Paul,MN this spring.

der Wanderer

FightingPiper, do you use ear plugs with it? Is the volume gain sufficient in your experience?

Maybe I am just going deaf, one more thing to add to the list ;)

Fightingpiper

Yep I do use fitted ear plugs but the volume has to up all the way up on all the devices. I then use the Zumo to adjust volume as needed but it is usually 1 or 2 bars from top but occasionally have to Turn it up to "11".

I had the 600 and it worked very well connecting to the Samsung Blackjack and later Blackjack2. Used it for listening to MP3's, answering calls and receiving Garmin MobileXT directions off the phone. The newer 300 and 200 are better in every way. We have one of each, I use the 300, wife uses the 200.

The problem I'm having is technology overload. Now there are just too many Bluetooth devices...

~ Blackjack2 connects to the Zumo550

~ Zumo connects to BTS300 (phone only in audio settings) channel 1 (handsfree protocol)

~ wiRevo (stereo BT dongle) plugged into the Zumo cradle connects to BTS300 channel 1 (A2DP protocol)

~ BTS300 connects to the BTS200 channel 2 (for intercom)

~ BTS200 (wife's) connects to her Blackjack 2 (both handsfree and A2DP) for cell MP3 player and cell calls.

That makes 5 BT devices connecting with 11 connections (including multiple protocols from some devices).

And all this rarely works correctly. Sometimes you turn everything on (in the correct sequence) and it works perfectly, and other times the wiRevo won't connect to the BTS300 (because its gone into USB mode for some unknown reason), or the intercom won't work (because they have become un-paired for no apparent reason).

Also, we have had trouble with the VOX-activated intercom staying on constantly above 50mph. Also, when the intercom is active for more than 10 minutes or so, the music (channel 1) won't come back because the connection is dropped after so much inactivity.

After a feww thousand miles tring to make the bluetooth system work correctly and reliably, I've come to the conclusio that a wired system is the only way to have a reliable system and avoid the incredible frustration of trying to make the BT system work on the road.

One of the first instructions with any of the bluetooth devices when pairing is "turn off all other BT devices in the area". When you're sitting in the hotel parking lot trying to leave, how can you possibly get everyone around you to turn off their BT devices - impossible! My advice is to go wired! BT will not work correctly unless every BT device in the system has a display that allows configuration/selection of which device it connets with, and the wiRevo doesn't have it and neither do the BTS300 or 200 - and that is the problem.

By the way, you don't need to splice earphones anymore, IMC Motorcom has come out with a headphone plug adapter that fits on the BTS 300 and 200 so you can get rid of the speakers and use your own earphones! And that brings-up another fact I have come to realize... earphones are the best way to get sound without the wind noise destroying your hearing.

Archived