IGNORED

Autocomm - Installation Help

Turbosneeze

Turbosneeze

I just recently bought an Active Duo and would like to have it powered directly to my 04 1150RT. I heard that you can power it directly to the fuse box so the unit will turn off (so it won't constantly be drawing power from the battery) as it should when the bike is off.

As I am not all that good with electronics, if someone can post a diagram or picture (even better) to which fuse I should tap into to power my Autocomm, that'll be most helpful... and yes, I am very anxious to have this install complete so I can experience first hand what all the rant and raves about Autocomm.

Quickest way – go to most any auto parts store and get a thing called an “Add-a-circuit.” It’s a little gizmo that piggybacks a second fuse (to your Autocomm) on top of an existing one in your fuse box. Piggyback it on fuse F1 which is switched on and off with the bike.

I had to cut a notch out of my fuse box to accommodate the add-a-circuit device due to the orientation of it being 90 degrees to the original fuses. Looks a little hokie but it works.

Another idea if you mount the unit in the tail section of the bike is to use a piggy-back spade connector for power from the tail-light which is about 6" from there.

Whatever you do, make sure that your negative power lead goes to the battery negative. Where you connect your positive lead, either to the taillight wire or using an Add-a-Circuit Fuse Tap, is less important. But making sure your negative is to the battery will help eliminate static.

Turbosneeze

Sorry for my late response, but I was on a biz trip and had limited internet connection. I am located in Arcadia, CA 91006.

Thanks all for all of your input.

Archived