IGNORED

BMW C-6 helmet

steve2

I'm a fan of BMW helmets. They're made by Schuberth and are superbly comfortable and quiet.

The price in Australia may be even more attractive for you.

Linz :)

Anyone out there know about the new BMW C-6 helmet? I found you can buy one in England for $645. Is it worth it?

My local dealer sells the new System 6 for £325 which at todays exchange is $520 plus delivery.

ocal dealer in Scotland has been discounting these to just under £300. Probably won't send it to you but i would be prepared to help out.

A lot cheaper than the Schuberth C3. I think the only meaningful difference is the fabric collar/neck band on the BMW helmet. I wonder if the C3 collar fits. The BM collar appears to 'wick' water in heavy rain.

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

imho you'd better try before you buy - i found the shape/fit was weird (ymmv)

( C-6s were 1/2 price at bmw summerfest at mosport / Toronto last weekend and i was in the market... but didn't buy one )

Are you guys talking about the BMW System 6 / Schuberth C3?

I have seen or heard nothing about BMW C-6s. As for BMW helmets being onsale @ Mosport during Summerfest, those were old System 5s they were getting rid of, not the new System 6s.

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

re: those were old System 5s

oh ! sorry i don't know any better. :dopeslap:

btw - awesome web page!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah the Sys 6 can have the BMW bluetooth put on. BUT, I have a scheuberth C2 with teh Scheuberth BT, (same sytems with only minor cosmetic changes) and I abslutely hate it. The mic is sensitive because of the BT nature and ques with even mmild wind noise (we actually drove to the factory in an effort to have them adjsut while we were there, no luck). There is a gala function for adjustment but it is all but useless. And once you pair with something, the circuitry can't effectively handle other complex pairings (i,e, if you go helm to helm, and try to add your phone or GPS, the master helm keeps loosing the original pairing and then spends the next several hours switching between paired devices). I would normally consider this an isolated problem especially from a company like scheuberth or BMW, but hte complaints are very wide spread, at least here in Germany. If you want to talk or listn or whatever, go cabled, even the worst system will be better than a BT.

pletch

Archived