IGNORED

Bakup Backrests

jedowden

Does anyone have any experience with the Bakup Brand backrests for a R1200RT? Looking for a little feedback before dropping $4 bills on this add-on......sorry if this was discussed previously...not having much luck "searching" the archives.

Just returned from a 2-day weekend getaway up the PCH...great time, but back is killing me! Also looking at handlebar setbacks/risers...if anyone has an opinion there too.

Thanks in advance...

Josh

I have the Bakup Backrest for my R1200RT. I only use it for long rides. It does help to have something to lean against. You can adjust it for placement against your back.

The downside is that you have to really throw your leg over it when mounting the bike, because it sticks up a lot higher than the seat.

+1 for what Got2Greys said. I had one on my '05 RT and liked it a lot. When used with Elf pegs, it really allowed you some flexibility for seating positions on long rides. (I now have a Russell with their backrest.) You will learn to lift your leg higher when mounting or dismounting - or you'll provide plenty of laughs for spectators.

I have one and have used it on my 05 RT. It's great -- I don't have a problem throwing a leg over it because I always stand on the peg when mounting -- and I am not a kid! I would be willing to sell it as I now have a Sargent seat and don't use it. PM me if interested -- save some $.

Archived