IGNORED

warranty

taters

just curious. a new kawasaki concours comes with 3 year unlimited mileage. then one can buy an additional 3 years and its from kawasaki and not some aftermarket company. why doesn't bmw offer this? awefully tempting to at least consider that bike when shopping for a bmw.

just curious. a new kawasaki concours comes with 3 year unlimited mileage. why doesn't bmw offer this?

cause they would go broke... :rofl:

Especially strange when you consider that in the UK we get a two year unlimited mileage warranty and at the end of that BMW offer to sell you an extended warranty on a year-on-year basis.

There is a catch however, in order for the warranty to be valid you must get the bike serviced at a BMW approved facility.

After market warranties in the UK require "qualified" service centres, but there is no need for continuity - I can get my bike dealer serviced tomorrow then take out a warranty for about £400 pa.

Andy

Perhaps because we live in the most litigous society on earth and have more litigators than we need for the next 53.4 years already around looking for their next meal.

Or, maybe they don't need that hook to sell their product.

you are so right ...thanks for straightening me out. imagine having a hook like that. 3 year unlimited miles....they should be so embarrassed to have a hook like that. thanks for another brilliant observation....we are lucky to have a member such as your self...thnaks again

you are so right ...thanks for straightening me out. imagine having a hook like that. 3 year unlimited miles....they should be so embarrassed to have a hook like that. thanks for another brilliant observation....we are lucky to have a member such as your self...thnaks again

Seems like an awfully sarcastic answer for a legitimate response... Please tell me I'm misinterpreting....

Seems like an awfully sarcastic answer for a legitimate response... Please tell me I'm misinterpreting....

My answer for this user for about 2 years now...

*** You are ignoring this user ***

The warranty on BMW bikes sold in Canada is three years, unlimited kilometres. There is that winter thing though...

That said, I had about 50,000 miles on my '06 RT when the warranty expired earlier this year. I'm also not naive enough to think that I'm not paying for it in the price of the bike.

There is a catch however, in order for the warranty to be valid you must get the bike serviced at a BMW approved facility.

After market warranties in the UK require "qualified" service centres, but there is no need for continuity - I can get my bike dealer serviced tomorrow then take out a warranty for about £400 pa.

Meaning there's no way that an owner can do his own maintenance and have an extended warranty? That might be OK for someone who already intends to have all service work done at a qualified (whatever that is) shop, but otherwise the greatly increased cost of having someone else do basic maintenance work would likely eat up all of the savings you might expect to achieve with the additional warranty, or so it would seem to me.

cause they would go broke...

By George, I think he's got it... :grin:

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

Slight Hijack, The August 2009 issue of Cycle World Listed the Kawasaki Concours "Best Sport Tourer" for 2009. This magazine also had a Comparison of the Concours with (of all things) the K1300GT. One of their big gripes about the K-bike is it turns an annoying 5,000RPM at "indicated" 80MPH, while the Concours turns 3750 RPM. Cycle World's conclusion for the K1300GT vs Concours was, "But in just about every area of on-road performance, the Concours either equals or surpasses it."

When you factor in the $$$several thousand, the Concours becomes a "No-brainer"

Archived