IGNORED

GPS. Turn off older maps in unit after update?

KDeline

I have the SP 2720 and after updating, both sets of maps in the unit are enabled. Should I disable the older version? I ask because I wonder if it will take me to outdated stuff that maybe is no longer there. I thought the older version was erased when you updated.

Hmmm... I don't think there's enough memory in the unit to hold two full map databases so I kind of question whether the old one is really still in there. Just for grins you might try disabling the newer map and see if you really have detail beyond the basemap.

Hmmm... I don't think there's enough memory in the unit to hold two full map databases so I kind of question whether the old one is really still in there. Just for grins you might try disabling the newer map and see if you really have detail beyond the basemap.

Well aren't you the clever one, that was it. Disabled the new version, no details so it seems they are not there, but the title is still on the unit. Thanks.

I waiting now while my previous maps erase and the new maps load. TomTom seems to make you jump off a cliff of belief with them. So far so good. Took 1.5 hours and it just finished. Whew!

Mine took a few hours also, I like how they update the maps in the unit and the computer at the same time. Still sucks that they started letting you update one unit per download even if you own more then one unit.

Archived