IGNORED

Need Autocom Guru for Advice, or offer to sell System or Pieces

hopz

Hello All... configuring a System and have questions. Thanks for all suggestions.

Want to purchase the Super Pro AVi set-up- or maybe not that model- thoughts?

Main Questions are:

1. zumo interface to the Super Pro... I have been advised to use either the Bluetooth Dongle (expensive) #1273, or the cable set-up #1299. Frankly I prefer the cable option.

the question is... can I just use "normal" cables for the Audio Out from the bike mount for the Nav prompts and the music plus the Audio In (microphone Input) for speaking to the phone? In other words is there something special about the 1299 part? other than combining the two leads into one sheath?

2. My dealer recommends headset extensions for both me and the passenger...obvious... but does someone like Radio Shack have an extension cable that works? Seems to me that $20 or $30 (coiled) is pricey for a standard cable extension- or is it NOT standard?

3. Anyone have any units, cables or pieces for sale?

4. What about competing set-up from other manufacturers? Worth it?

Your answers, thoughts, or comments all welcomed.

(note: I worked in a high tech environment for many years and for things like cables and interfaces and advice I used to just go down to one of the many tech labs and trade a cup of coffee or a plate of cookies for things like cables and etc... those days are gone unfortunately.)

Firefight911

Hello All... configuring a System and have questions. Thanks for all suggestions.

Want to purchase the Super Pro AVi set-up- or maybe not that model- thoughts?

Main Questions are:

1. zumo interface to the Super Pro... I have been advised to use either the Bluetooth Dongle (expensive) #1273, or the cable set-up #1299. Frankly I prefer the cable option.

Blue tooth dongle #1273. #1299 is no longer available and requires board changes. It is worth the cost of the #1273.

the question is... can I just use "normal" cables for the Audio Out from the bike mount for the Nav prompts and the music plus the Audio In (microphone Input) for speaking to the phone? In other words is there something special about the 1299 part? other than combining the two leads into one sheath?

Without th edongle, you will only be able to hear the phone but not speak back.

2. My dealer recommends headset extensions for both me and the passenger...obvious... but does someone like Radio Shack have an extension cable that works? Seems to me that $20 or $30 (coiled) is pricey for a standard cable extension- or is it NOT standard?

Kits come with standard headsret, non-coiled extension leads. You will need to get different extension leads if you choose in ear monitors. Or, you can use the new helmet interface for this (#2091)

3. Anyone have any units, cables or pieces for sale?

Stock is very low at present due to changeover from previous distributor. Major pain but, per Autocom, the stocking inventory is coming within the month.

4. What about competing set-up from other manufacturers? Worth it?

Stay away from Baehr. Excellent system that I enjoyed thoroughly once I got it set up (took a long time). There is zero N. America support. ZERO!!!!!

Your answers, thoughts, or comments all welcomed.

(note: I worked in a high tech environment for many years and for things like cables and interfaces and advice I used to just go down to one of the many tech labs and trade a cup of coffee or a plate of cookies for things like cables and etc... those days are gone unfortunately.)

I eat dinner and drink beer!! :wave::wave: I have some stuff that might be of use to you. We can talk if you care concerning a kit 200.

Of course, don't forget to look at Autocom and their new line of products just out. LINKY

Now, if I could only find a way to get in as one of their reps! :P

Dinner and beer... what a coincidence... I have that.

Stuff sounds good too. Have seen the new line, and also reviewed the new prices. Pro Avi sounding really good 'bout now.

In order to become a rep you probably could enhance your resume with practical experience on a novice such as myself...

In order to become a rep you probably could enhance your resume with practical experience on a novice such as myself...

Start going by "Mr. Phil" too, that should help. :rofl:

Hopz,

I use the 1299 and it works great with no blue tooth required (except from my cell phone to the Zumo). I did need to have a slight mod made to my super pro avi at top gear but they did it and all is well since. Current autocom support could be a major issue. Phil has gone through a lot to get his system set up but I think he has the receipe now.

Again, Tom to the rescue... Thanks.

I spoke with Brian.. (correct?) and received good information. I purchased the Pro AVi set and have been installing it for the last two days- going slow and having fun. Early tests in the shop suggest it is going to work fine on the first try.

Still waiting the 1299 cable but beyond that all is well... except a noisy AM band on the radio but it is noisy without the Autocom system too.

Only issue so far is figuring out how to mount the flat unit on the space under the tailpiee- which has various protrusions and non-flatness to deal with.

Archived