IGNORED

GoPro Video Cameras? Anyone Used Them?

Bheckel169

Nick Campbell is a local instructor/racer (and nice guy) who uses his GoPro wide angle to shoot a lot of track footage you can see here. The picture is pretty good, but the GoPro seems to have a less ability to deal with contrast issues. Some of the video from DCTC (Dakota County Technical College - local short track) shows the limits when the camera has to deal with the sun during the afternoon. Otherwise, it looks like a nice little camera that can do a lot for the cost.

Here are a couple of links to some video shot with the Go Pro out behind the house earlier this year.One U-Tube,the other Smugmug,which I think is a little better. The original looks much better than these,but by the time you change the video into Windows movie maker and them download to U-tube or smugmug,a lot of the quality is gone.

Just like the camera,it really dos not show the true picture.The image stabilization works pretty good.

In the videos,I was going over logs,ditches and bouncing around(note brake cables jumping up and down) and part was on a steep hill.

linky

Ya get what ya pay fer... :grin:

I just bought a GoPro last week. I suction-mounted it to my left-side cockpit panel and rode from Long Beach to Las Vegas and back. The mount is as stable as can be and the video is impressive. I set the audio sensitivity to low and was amazed at how great it did at picking up engine sounds while attenuating wind noise.

Check out a sample at Youtube

• 3 months later...
just released a new HD version for i think $299.

Brian

I am told that they are much less expensive in Canada.

I will wait for the HD version.

Archived