IGNORED

Aerostitch Banana Guard

pokorskij

Can those members who have used this product please comment on how well it worked for you. Thanks.

I commute daily and carry an apple and banana each day in my brief case. I works OK, but at times the banana does take some abuse.

My greatest concern regarding the banana guard is how well it works for various size and shapes of bananas? There really is a large variance, and do you end up forcing the banana into the guard, somewhat defeating the purpose.

Sounds like Aerostich has an opportunity to market a banana template that one could take to the grocery store. :dopeslap:

Sorry P., I've seen it in their catalog but have no experience with the product.

I clicked on this hoping that Aerostitch came up with a new insert for my 1-pc. I really need some crotch protection from the heat on my Ducati. ;)

I got one as a white elephant gift a couple years ago. Aside from the obvious phallic jokes.... it works suprisingly well!

I don't know how they did it. I have this theory that someone sat down and scanned thousands of banana dimensions into a computer, and came up with some *uber* dimension for the perfect banana case.

I've used it pretty regularly commuting, etc. and I won't say that every banana fits perfectly, but it's remarkable how many do fit well. For the $10 or whatever they want for the thing, shoot, go for it. The entertainment value is worth that much anyway. I would add that I managed to crack the case in a moment of abuse that I can't recall. The banana itself, however, survived.

Thank you, your comments were exactly what I was looking for.

And I appreciate the humor in the other posts also, they just didn't provide the required operating information I was seeking.

Archived