IGNORED

Scorpion Helmet with Air filled pads??

ElevenFifty

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Was looking at one of those, or similar, last week. Has a big warning sign near the chin piece for paramedics to deflate prior to removal after screwing the pooch.

The ads for these are intriquing ... anyone tried one yet?

I have the EXO-1000 in Alpine White...

WARNING: They run small... I typically wear a LARGE in the ARAI Vector series, but have to wear an EXTRA LARGE in the Scorpion EXO-1000... Good thing I stopped by a local shop to try it on before ordering it online...

The air-pump works fine, but don't expect a huge adjustment from it... just a tighter fit... but I mostly ignore the pump as mine is pretty tight anyway...

The flip down inner sunvisor is great... except I had my dark visor replaced with an AMBER one for better vision at night and it doesn't do too bad in the sun either...

I think the face shield locking mechanism is for the birds, but then I really haven't used it that much...

One complaint I have is the vent just below the face shield on the front... it is practically useless... but fortunately the other vents are nice, so it can pass some air through... when you remember to OPEN THE VENTS... which I keep forgetting to do until I notice myself sweating a lot...

All in all... I like the helmet... but I like the Arai too...

Regards -

-Bob

Yes, I have recently purchased a EXO-1000 with the inflatable "jaw bladder". The problem I have encountered is placement of my J&M headset speakers. The bladders end toward the rear about where the speakers need to be mounted. I've ordered a set of "ultra-slim" speakers from J&M to see if I can solve this problem. If not, I will be removing the inflatable bladder system altogether as I don't think it adds much to the fit or safety of the helmet. The little warning to EMS personnel printed on the chin apron is a bit sobering as well .....!

Would be curious to know how your speakers work out... was thinking about adding some to my helmet, but didn't have a clue where they would actually fit... )))

Regards -

-Bob

I have the EXO-1000 and the air bladder works as advertised. What I am really disappointed with is the design of their flip-up internal sunvisor.

First let me say my last helmet was a Scheberth C2 and I loved the internal sunvisor. Being that it was internal it was always clean when I flipped it down. I would occasionally dust it of with a soft cloth, but it never got damaged in any way after three years of use.

A big reason I got the EXO-1000 was the internal sunvisor, but with the Scorpion there are two vent holes in the helmet right at the top of the visor. When the sun visor is in the up position the air coming in through those vent holes is highly concentrated on to two spots on the sunvisor. The first time I noticed that this was going to be a problem was when a large bug hit my helmet right near that vent. About an hour later I put down the sunvisor and I had bug splatter right between my eyes. I have to pull over and clean the sunvisor before I could use it. Now that I have had the helmet for about four months I see that this design is going to be a problem, at least for me. After riding for a few days with the visor in the up position it has two very noticeable smudge marks on the sunvisor when I flip it down. The whole reason for having an internal visor is so it is always clean when you go to use it. The other problem is that with the air being concentrated right on these two spots is that I am noticing pitting on the sunvisor and I can tell that I will have to replace the visor in another couple of months.

I called Scorpion to see if they had anyone else call about this problem and the person I talked to said he had never heard any complaint about what I was saying. He did say that he understood what I was complaining about, and that he would bring it up in a meeting he was having with the design group that afternoon.

If anyone else has noticed this, please call Scorpion’s warrenty department, because I think that if they realize that this is a problem they will address it. They don’t even have to move the vent holes, they just have to route the air further up the helmet before they allow it inside.

Now that I have covered my one complaint, I would like to say that I do really like the helmet. It is pretty light, it flows air in and around it very well, and I can wear it very comfortably all day long.

Archived