IGNORED

GPS that will pair with Scala Rider 2

NumbHands

Hi all,

Other than the TomTom that comes bundled with a Scala headset, what other GPSs are you aware that will pair and transmit the voice turn-by-turn information? According to Garmin, only their motorcycle models will do this. That's the better part of a thousand $!

Can't get an answer from Cardo.

Michael

I pair the Scala with a Zumo 550. I also pair a mobile phone through the Zumo.

There is lots of related info at the Zumo forum, if you are so inclined.

My setup works well, although the connecting sequence is important, don't ask my why! (Zumo on first, then turn phone on and pair, then headset on and pair. Otherwise, at least on my setup, connections get dropped).

I have paired my phone and zumo since before I was on BMW... just turn them on and they all pair up... no problem.

Do you have the latest BT S/W for the Zumo? Do you use the Web Updater?

Bob

Moderator,

Zumoforums

Michael -

I recently went with the Cardo Q2 Multiset. This particular model (and I don't know which model you have) has the input plug for hooking up an MP3 player by wire. I have a Garmin Nuvi 770 with an "out" plug for earphones that I use in the car so I took that GPS, bought another 2 Gb memory card, filled the card with music, and plug the GPS into the MP3 port on the headset. Yes, this makes for a screwy "priority" setup, but I'm able to listen to music going down the road, the GPS "talks" to me and overrides the music, and I paired my iPhone to the Cardo unit. Granted, when the missus fires up the intercom to with me it will cut off the GPS voice prompts and / or music but for those few long trips where we need a GPS, this was a cheaper solution for us. On the short trips without the GPS, I just plug in the iPod to the headset.

Dale

der Wanderer

Any device with a mini jack can be paired with essentially any BT headset with a small (less than $50) add-on. wiRevo is the one I use.

I have paired my phone and zumo since before I was on BMW... just turn them on and they all pair up... no problem.

Bob

Moderator,

Zumoforums

Hi Bob. Yes I have used the web updater, and I believe I have the latest software. I have used a few different phones, and blackberrys too. Certain phones seem better than others, and my sense is that the blackberry grabs a stronger connection. In any event, if I follow the sequence I described, the connections are pretty robust.

Nice n Easy Rider

Bob

Moderator,

Zumoforums

+1. My phone is on, I turn my headset on and then I turn the bike on. When the Zumo powers up it first finds the phone and connects and then finds the headset and connects. Has worked well that way for over a year.

Archived