IGNORED

Tankbag and communications

drjay

My riding buddies and I decided it was time to add bike to bike communications. After much research I decided on a "Bags Connection" SW-Motech City Bag with the electrification option and a J&M Integratr. This system has far exceeded my expectations. I got the bag from Twisted Throttle. The folks there were very helpful and I received the package in about a day. The bag sits on a ring around the tank opening and a wire from my radio power gives it switched power for the units inside. There is even a mount for my GPS. When I leave the bike a simple pull on the pin disconnects the power and the bag so I can take in with me.

Kevin at Sierra Electronics helped set me up with the J&M Integratr IV . This unit is designed to be worn on a belt, but sitting in my tank bag gives me the option to connect a number of electronics including an FRS radio, radar detector, Ipod, cell phone, and it gives me an FM radio for when I don't want to take the time to connect the Ipod. The beauty of it is that it is all connected without a wire plug except for my helmet connection. Everything is connected in the bag. Also, no straps to scratch the tank, no big plastic pieces to stay on the bike if I want to ride without the tank bag. This whole thing is really slick.

I know some of you probably have very integrated systems, but I have not come across one quite like the system I have set up. It seems that very few on this forum use these products so I wanted to share my set up in the event that others are looking for a similar solution.

Yup. Did the same thing with a quick-remove Big Mak tankbag, my Autocom, XM Radio and V-1 Radar Detector. Comes off in about 2 seconds. Plus, with the Big Mak bag, all I have to do to refuel is to flip it forward. I posted about it a couple of years back. Still have the same bag and electronics, now on its third bike. You can read about it, with pictures of the build, here.

FB,

Same here, w/smallest Big Mak bag.

I don't care to have a ponderous tankbag, just my druthers.

Diamond Space Case fits Autocom, cables, XM antanna, external GPS antenna, garage door opener, cell phone, still can use map window if I want to and have plenty of storage room for rain caover, gloves, miscellaneous farkles.

Gas, flip and fill.

FB,

Same here, w/smallest Big Mak bag.

I don't care to have a ponderous tankbag, just my druthers.

Diamond Space Case fits Autocom, cables, XM antanna, external GPS antenna, garage door opener, cell phone, still can use map window if I want to and have plenty of storage room for rain caover, gloves, miscellaneous farkles.

Gas, flip and fill.

Yup, that would do it. Mine is actually a BM Stealth bag (one of the shortest he makes, besides the Diamond Space Case) and I still have room in there for a 70-oz Camelback with about 50 oz of water, and folded in half. Been working great for years.

It's very comforting to be able to fill up from the seated position, as well as to be able to take all your electronics into your motel room, or coffee shop, for safe keeping.

Archived