IGNORED

Gas nozzle clip?

Scarecrow

Has anyone used one of these from Aerostitch:

Link:2818.jpg

while filling up? I'm tired of trying to hold back the rubber shielding with my fingers? Sometimes the springs in the shield are really tight and it ends up slipping from my fingers and then I end up spilling a bit.

Does it actually work? Any other successfull tactics?

I have used them in the past. Filling my 2005 1200RT was a challenge using the CA fuel nozzles, and this device helped. Now, I find the newer-style fuel nozzles currently required by CA law to be far easier to use and I have stopped using the Aerostich fuel key. My brother still swears by his, although it didn't stop him from getting a gasoline shower yesterday while fueling his bike! haha!

Yes, I toured the Sierras last month with two friends and we each had one. All agree it was a very useful device.

Using the clip you find you can see past the sleeve on the nozzle and so can watch the fuel level coming up the filler neck.

You do have to be a little careful not to let the clip scratch anything. It is made of aluminum so it's not a big worry.

Ewell

Thanks to all. Is there any place other than Aerostitch to get it? I don't mind the $8.00 cost but it goes up double to get it shipped. I don't know why since they could just put it in an envelope and stick a stamp on it.

I remember running into a couple of those annooying fuel nozzles wen I lived near Chicago. They are fortunately non existant in this part of the midwest.

Thanks Ewell for the link to a closer place. And it was an interesting alternative from der Wanderer.

And special thanks to Kevin for his generousity.

S.

Archived