IGNORED

Posterior Photo Op

Don M

So, I bought a stock R1100RT seat from a guy in Canada and had him ship it to Russell Day-long folks in California. Now I find out that the photos Russell wants me to include with the order form should be of my posterior on the seat they will be receiving for a rebuild. The problem is the seat is now in California and my butt is in Washington. No luck finding a stock seat at either one of the Local BMW shops, so I'm looking for someone in the Olympia Washington area who has a stock R1100RT seat and would be willing to let me put it on my R1150RT and snap a couple of pictures.

My two cents is stop at a dealer. Surely Tacoma has something you can sit on....

This won't be much help - I've got an 11rs, with a Rich's custom seat. but you're welcome to come up and give it a try if you like.

Thanks for the offer. I've been checking South Sound BMW but so far no luck. Ride West has a 1150RT with a stock saddle so I rode up there last week but turns out the seat is different than the 1100.

I may just have to wait till the seat arrives at the Russell shop and take a ride down there....395 to Alturas, 299 to Shasta, and maybe back home via the coast...that wouldn't be the end of the world.

Don, for reference, the R1100RT 'standard' seat is the same as the R1150RT 'low' seat. The R1150RT 'Standard' seat is the same as the R1100RT 'comfort (!)' seat.

Andy

My standard seat has the part number 5253 2313 651 on the

underside of the seat frame.

The part no for my comfort seat is 71 60 7 654 460.

Archived