IGNORED

Zumo 550 w/ GXM30 and Autocom Super Pro AVI

TonyT607

Help ! At the Rally in TN last month I bought the GXM 30 reciever for my Zumo 550, upgrading from the SkyFi 2. I also use a V1 radar detector. I had everything working fine when I was using a SkyFi 2 and the base Zumo 550. I also use a BB8800 which is wired to the Aux 1 port on the Autocom which was also working fine. I picked up what I thought would be the right bits at the rally in TN (2245 Stereo lead) but no joy - I ran that from the Zumo to the Stereo port of 1285 but I get a weird sound which becomes 'normal' but mono when I pull the plug out a bit from the Zumo mount, so obviously it's the wrong plug type. I then tried the 1314 which I had been using into the stereo port of 1285 (with the V1 going into the Mono port). Is this the right setup? I think it's coming in as mono.

I'd like to keep the phone wired into Aux 1 - I have it paired with the Zumo for call notification and dialing capability but prefer the cable for actually getting the audio. I think I can keep 1285 on Aux 4 with the Zumo in the Stereo "A" plug. I assume I can plug the V1 into the "B" plug. So, I guess my question is which cable do I use to connect a Zumo 550 with XM to the Autocom unit, is 1285 the correct interface ? Was I sold the wrong part when I bought 2245 at the Rally ?

Thanks everyone,

Tony

Tony,

I have a similar set up with 550, cell, XM, and V1. I use the 1299 into Aux 2 which takes care of the GPS voice promps, XM radio/MP3, and cell phone. I run the V1 into Aux 1. All works great for a couple years now. My cell phone is BT to the 550 and I do incoming and outgoing calls from the 550 no problem. Even has my phonebook downloaded to the 550. I did have to have Top Gear make a small mod to the SuperPro AVI but other than that, it works great. I think the Autocom "preferred" installation now is BT from the 550 to the Autocom but I prefer hard wire and don't want to "fix" something that ain't broke.

Thanks guys; I fooled around with it a bit and I think I got it....tested with the engine running and all seems well, will take her out for a spin tomorrow to shake things out.

Cheers !

TT

Archived