IGNORED

Bike to Bike communication

Zweiradfreak

Zweiradfreak

I am thinking about buying the ChatterBox FRS Multisport Communicator Kit or the new smaller and light weight ChatterBox MS3 Stereo Unit.

Does anyone has experiences with this units on how good they work etc?

Also are those units able to communicate adequately with the Motorola FRS / GMRS 2-way radio users?

Does anyone has used them and possibly could give me some info?

Thanks

Franz

Sorry, haven't used that one. I'm using the Chatterbox XBi... and plan to upgrade soon to the XBi2 since it'll handle bike to bike.

The generic answer is to buy an Autocom. That said, I rode last week with a guy using a chatterbox w/ FRS, and it seemed to work ok.

The only issue he had was a badly set VOX, which seemed to either trigger always on w/ wind noise, or not at all.

Zweiradfreak

Thanks for your response.

I also looked at the Chatterbox XBi2 model. From what I can see, it looks like a very nice little unit with Bluetooth wireless technology. I am confused, is it still connected via wire connection from the unit mounted to your helmet to the head set inside your helmet, or is that wireless?

What are your experiences with your current XBi (I assume it's similar to the XBi2 model) in terms of range, sound quality, reliability in general? How close of a distance do you really have to be in order to communicate clearly? The manufacturer states 500 meter on the XBi2 unit!

Would you recommend to buy the XBi2?

Does it still work in mountains when you don't see each other?

As mentioned here before, you should really look in to the Autocom if you want a reliable setup. Especially if you are planning to add in GPS, phone or mp3.

Archived