IGNORED

iPhone 3GS, Zumo 550 Bluetooth issues . . .

Firefight911

Firefight911

I have this posted over on teh Zumo forum but want to capture a wider audience so I am cross posting it here.

I upgraded to the latest Bluetooth firmware update for the Zumo 550 and now it's all screwed up!

Upgraded to the latest firmware for Bluetooth (3.4) and now I can't get my phone to work at all through my Autocom Active Plus and Zumo 550.

I am running an iPhone 3GS and it worked fantastic up until I updated to 3.4. Now, I attach the Autocom Dongle and the iPhone to the Zumo 550 and they state that they pair up fine. When I go to use the phone it doesn't work though it is indicating that it is paired. What is more perplexing is that when I shut down (in the motorcycle cradle as well as out of it) and come back to it, it goes through the firmware update process again, wipes out the previously established Dongle and phone connection, requires re-establishment of the connection, and then still doesn't work. Repeating the shut down causes the firmware to re-install again and we repeat.

I have tried to reinstall the software and reset the Zumo but nothing seems to work. XM is working fine as is routing, etc. It is just the phone side that isn't working since the upgrade. Also, I have to turn the unit on manually now as it won't auto start as it did before when I turn on teh keyed power source.

Any ideas, thoughts, etc. or do I need to get Garmin to warranty and send a new unit? Actually, 2 units as my wife's is doing the exact same thing. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

HELP Obi Wan Kanobi, you're my only hope . . . .

Firefight911

Here's an update.

I did another master reset, reinstall, resync, etc. No change, same issue, however, I am able to get my wife's iPhone 3G to work no problem on her's as well as my Zumo flawlessly. I can not get my 3GS iPhone to work at all. It goes through the same scenario as posted above regardless of what I do.

Any ideas? The hard part is that it was working perfectly when I first set everything up and now it is not. Any ideas?

As a side, my iPhone hooks up to my truck's and my wife's car through our Parrot Bluetooth without issue and is working flawlessly. It appears to be a Zumo, iPhone 3GS issue. Or, it is just my phone?

Firefight911

Here's the solution to this problem. Everything works fantastic!!!!!!!! Thanks for the help Garmin.

Please follow prompts -

1. Connect unit to computer and open my computer

2. Open Garmin drive then the Garmin folder

3. Open the Remote SW folder and delete the contents

3. Click back and look for the file Gupdate.GCD and delete it.

4. Exit and run the software update again from link below:

LINKY

If you are a windows user you will want software version 2.4.2 as of April 22, 2009. It will then walk you through the software updates. At the point where you are asked for additional update, put a check mark if available beside anything that says firmware, chipset or Bluetooth update. After this is complete, unplug from computer and allow unit to reboot and then try connecting the devices again.

Archived