IGNORED

Garmin MAD Maps

tcshooter

Does anyone have these? I am thinking of getting a few of them for some riding in CO, UT and AZ. Just need some opinions. thanks.

I kind of like planning routes myself as part of the fun but still it's a clever idea. But AFAIK when you create a route (as in Mapsource) it has to match the product (i.e. same year revision) that resides in the GPS, yet the Mad Maps products don't specify a specific revision year or that you must be updated to the current year. I wonder if they have a way around this?

Edit: Nevermind, at the bottom of the requirements tabs they conveniently provide a link to upgrade your unit to the latest mapbase. :Wink: Plus you must register your unit with Garmin, plus the product can only be downloaded using their web update system and only to one specific unit.

I have the MAD Maps hardcopy products - very nice. The set of 4 maps and a canvas carry portfolio was $20 at Cycle Gear recently. I use them for ideas for rides that I then plan and plug into the GPS. To me, they are separate products. Didn't know Garmin had teamed up with MAD

Archived