IGNORED

Who's planning on leaving California

WURTY

....."To paraphrase the old saw: "California may have its flaws, but it beats the alternatives"......

.... I know plenty of people who moved away for all the same reasons and came running back when reality set in...

We look forward to the annual return migration up here. After 6 continuous weeks of rain there is usually a run on rental moving vans.

We look forward to the annual return migration up here. After 6 continuous weeks of rain there is usually a run on rental moving vans.

Yep. Same thing happens with some frequency in Montana. After that first winter, a lot of California transplants wish they hadn't sold.

And some good news for Wurty: I just viewed "The 100 Best Places to Live" on Forbes' site. No town in Idaho (or MT for that matter) made the list. In other words, Idaho's a perfect place to live. (I use those "best places" lists to exclude places I want to live.)

Yep. Same thing happens with some frequency in Montana. After that first winter, a lot of California transplants wish they hadn't sold.

This can happen in in any type of weather. My childhood friend sold his CA property several years ago. Againts my "just rent it out" advice. Packed up and moved his family to HAWAII!

Less than 2 years later they were back in CA in a rental. His family was miserable in "paradise", go figure.

Archived