IGNORED

Need Cee Bailey Measurement

Selden

Recently, I cut down my Cee Bailey #2 +4.5" windshield slightly, taking the height mostly off the middle. Unfortunately, I didn't take a measurement before the mod, so I'm not sure exactly how much I took off. Current measurement is exactly 18" from the top center of the shield to the top of the air slot. Can someone with one of these shields give me a stock measurement for reference purposes?

I'm very pleased with the result -- much better visibility in the twisties, a little better ventilation in hot weather at lowest position, but still enough screen to provide good protection and no buffeting when raised an inch and a half.

If I were to do this again, I would probably put a quilt over the bike, and attack the shield with an orbital sander with the shield in place. I used a bandsaw for initial cut, then smoothed it out with the sander, but acrylic is so soft that I could have done everything with the sander alone. Doing the work with the shield in place would have given me a better idea of when I reached the ideal height. Wet sand with increasingly fine grades of sand paper, then polish, and it's impossible to tell that any cutting has been done.

Archived